Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Austro-ungarian pin (what for?)

Article about: Got an offer for this beautiful unknown badge. But i don't know what it presents, maybe some authority on this forum knows what was for. I am thinking on sweetheart pin or patriotica, but it

Default Austro-ungarian pin (what for?)

Got an offer for this beautiful unknown badge. But i don't know what it presents, maybe some authority on this forum knows what was for. I am thinking on sweetheart pin or patriotica, but its quite big and inform of outher badges like pilots or observers. I would be greatfull for all comments.

Cheers, Alois
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austro-ungarian pin  (what for?)  
    Attached Images Attached Images Austro-ungarian pin  (what for?)  Austro-ungarian pin  (what for?) 

Default Re: Austro-ungarian pin (what for?)

In my desperate search for some path after this beautiful absolutely rare badge. my friend had found this pic in album on wear of this unknown A. H. imperial airman(probably a pilot)?

I do not believe it is just patriotica or sweethart pin.... URL=http://img707.imageshack.us/i/nnslolet.jpg/][/URL]

Mybe some opinion?

?

what a fabulous looking badge , i don`t think it`s patriotic , and as you say looks to be of a pilot . I notice the collar tabs show a balloon so perhaps he was a balloon pilot ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

All austrian fly personal wears ballon on theirs collar tabs .Officiers were slightly different as othrer
    ranks an common soldiers.

Matilda....a great looking badge,....have a look at this site, Austro-Hungarian Land Forces 1848-1918 I really cant help, never seen it before, but the photographic evidence shows it both to exist and be possibly, an official badge, however it does not conform to the "standard" Austro-Hungarian Pilots badge.....let us know if/when you find out.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quote by matilda View Post
    All austrian fly personal wears ballon on theirs collar tabs .Officiers were slightly different as othrer
    ranks an common soldiers.
    Thanks for that info , do you know what decorations the ribbons bar represents ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Dear friends!

Thanks for answers! Have allready looked many sites of Austrohungary sites inclouding AHLF. which you recomended ,without success. I will go on.
    Will Inform you in every case.

Hals und Beinbruch!

Matilda