Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German / austrian shako?

Article about: Hello Guys! I bought this cap a few days ago, but I have never seen a cap like this before. I tried to find similar, but nothing. What kind of cap is this? Thank you!

?

Default German / austrian shako?

Hello Guys!

I bought this cap a few days ago, but I have never seen a cap like this before. I tried to find similar, but nothing.
    What kind of cap is this?

Thank you!
    German / austrian shako?German / austrian shako?German / austrian shako?German / austrian shako?German / austrian shako?

imo a film or theatre prop.

?

Hungarian music band? The Gamsbart (online dictionary says: tuft of chamois hair on a hat) is funny.

?

There is a german name on the liner (R. Vögele).

?

Aha! Vögele is a German cap maker, see here: Meine Homepage - Uniformm
    So perhaps for a German musik band? Bavarian perhaps, which would explain the Gamsbart.
    Vögele is an old-established cap maker who made caps already during the TR: Railway Visor - Ludwig Vogele

CBH
    ?

I'd agree that it's a Marching-band hat, not military.

?

No! Vögele is written by pen, it was the name of the owner. But thank you all!

?

Quote by levaid View Post
    No! Vögele is written by pen, it was the name of the owner. But thank you all!
    What a coincidence! Well, IMHO the Gamsbart (or is it horse-hair/badger hair?) restricts it to the Bavarian-Austrian area.