MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying a medal!

Article about: I picked up a nice cabinet photo a while ago. Being Croatian, I liked that it was taken in Zagreb. There were a couple other Croatian ones I got as well. The first medal is the Order of the

Default Need help identifying a medal!

I picked up a nice cabinet photo a while ago. Being Croatian, I liked that it was taken in Zagreb. There were a couple other Croatian ones I got as well.
    The first medal is the Order of the Iron Crown.
    Second is the Jubilee Medal.
    What is the third?!
    It looks like maybe a Military Merit cross? But this medal does not appear to have the "circle" that goes around the cross. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Need help identifying a medal!

?

Hi
    Could be this one...

Bilder

Hvala! I think that it is. Do you know the name of that medal?

The one in the link is the Austrian officers 25 year military service medal 1st type but I think the one in your picture has a dark outline which makes it look to me like the 3rd type although it is very difficult to interpret the ribbon colour which might have some bearing.

As for the medal itself I believe that rather surprisingly the later 3rd type is the more scarce.

I hope this helps

Regards

MArk
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

25 year service cross...

Found the third type on Bert's site for 225 Euro....

Ouch!

Not as ouch as the Iron crown, but still ouch.

Quote by martinsuper View Post
    25 year service cross...
    Sorry I meant cross
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

No worries, I actually wrote that at the same time you posted!

Well, I think I am going to let a $10 photo have me buy $1000 in medals. I want to get it all put together and in a very nice display case. Croatian related items of the Austrian Hungarian period are a very exciting field for me.

On second thought, the second medal looks more like a 40 year service to me. And I think it makes more sense in the order of precedence. Thoughts?