Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Silver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbon

Article about: Forum Being out of my collecting area, still couldn't say "no". It's gorgeous! I'm sure Richard and some other members can shed more light on it than I, but I had to have it. Final

Default Silver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbon

Forum

Being out of my collecting area, still couldn't say "no". It's gorgeous! I'm sure Richard and some other members can shed more light on it than I, but I had to have it. Finally took some pictures of it. Enjoy

Mark

Silver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbonSilver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbonSilver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbonSilver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbonSilver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbonSilver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbonSilver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbonSilver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbonSilver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbon
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Hi Mark, nice cross They are lovely quality. Here's mine & by the same maker: -

Austro Hungarian Franz Joseph Silver Merit Cross with Crown on War Ribbon with Swords.

I've managed to find a box for it,

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbon   Silver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbon  

Silver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbon   Silver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbon  

Here's a bit of background: -

The cross was instituted on 16 February 1850 (1849 being the year of Emperor Franz Joseph's ascent of the throne) in four grades - Gold with and without Crown and Silver with and without Crown - to be awarded for true and lasting devotion to the monarch and the fatherland; also for long and useful activity in public service and for other services for the common good. Ir comes with 2 different ribbons. All red for civilian/non war service and red & white for war service. The swords are added for active service military act.
    Last edited by DUJAILAH; 05-03-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Hey thare Greenhorn...thats a beauty, what a ring stamp...and dujailah great set...

Thank you gentlemen!

It really is a fantastic looking award, the enamel is second to none and the intricate work is amazing. The award is really heavy too, which gives it the quality feel.

Excellent work in locating the box for your award, Richard!

DarrenJ, the ring stamp is among the finest I recall seeing on any award. The ring is thick, too. Sad that it stays hidden most of the time when hung from the mount.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Cheers darrenj40

Hi Mark, sounds to me that you've caught the Austro Hungarian bug I started with one of these & look what happened!!

P.S. There's been a few more added since I took these pics!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbon   Silver Cross of Merit with Crown & swords and ribbon  

Hi, May I say, an attractive and desireable cross in its own right but as a cased set beautiful!!!
    Regards MR

Cheers Michael.

Lovely looking medal. I have yet to acquire some Austrian medals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast