Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

unusual Austro-Hungarian helmet

Article about: Hi everybody! I'm a new member(and I'm not english, so please be forgiving!), but i really like this site. I have to admit that I registered only for one question. It's about an unusual germ

?

Default unusual Austro-Hungarian helmet

Hi everybody!
    I'm a new member(and I'm not english, so please be forgiving!), but i really like this site. I have to admit that I registered only for one question. It's about an unusual german style, but austro-hungarian m16 helmet. I think it was one of the 10,000(up to) helmet that AH-empire bought from Germany in every month(from 1916 november[15.000]-the last portion: 1918 january: 71000).

I know that the helmet is in very bad condition, but as you can see, it is seriously transformed. My question is why? It's a simple crash-helmet from the (e.g.)'60s? Or it can be more interesting? Probably used in the ww1? Becuase in a helmet like that you can lie down easily, and it won't tip forward(on your eyes). I know the soldiers usually just turned the helmet with 180°, but if there was a forehead armour(?) on the helmet, that was not an option. Sorry for disturbing.
    Thank you for your kind attention, please answer!
    Bye!

*(on the 3rd picture there's the sign- maybe 1915, or 1(?)15, or something like that.)

nobody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unusual Austro-Hungarian helmet   unusual Austro-Hungarian helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images unusual Austro-Hungarian helmet 

Default Re: unusual Austro-Hungarian helmet

Hi Nobody, welcome to the forum!

I have never seen a helmet cut down like this before. Very unusual.

I have added the other pics for you.

Cheers, Ade.

?

thanks for adding the pictures!
    but i'm surprised! nobody knows anything about that type of helmet? no guess? or something?
    i'm so sad...

Your theory about cutting it down so it would not drop over your eyes is possible. I have just never seen this done before.

Cheers, Ade.