Display your banner here

WWI Austrian collar tabs?

Article about: Hi guys, Are these WWI Austrian? Thanks, Mo

Default WWI Austrian collar tabs?

Hi guys,

Are these WWI Austrian?

Thanks,
    Mo
    Attached Images Attached Images WWI Austrian collar tabs?  WWI Austrian collar tabs? 

Default Re: WWI Austrian collar tabs?

Mo..IMO....no. Have a look here for KuK information...Austro-Hungarian Land Forces 1848-1918 ......Italian ?
    Prost ! Steve.

Does anyone know what type of tabs these are?

This is not my area of expertise, but these may well be Austrian, or more precisely, Austro-Hungarian, officers' collar patches of the type worn on greatcoats. (They had a totally different shape from the tunic collar patches and, unlike those, did not indicate the wearer's exact rank, but only the identifying color of the unit/branch.)

However, unless I am much mistaken, this type of collar patch was retained by the Hungarian army following the end of the K.u.K. era and used by them until the end of WW2, and collar patches of this shape were also found on the army uniforms of the state of Croatia, so they might even be Hungarian or Croatian greatcoat collar patches.

For some more (German-language) info on Austro-Hungarian collar patches/greatcoats, see:

mantel, waffenrock, heeresgeschichten, uniformen, ausrstung, adjustierung, 1. weltkrieg, sterreich ungarn, kuk, landsturm, bluse, rock, egalisierungsfarben, tschako

Egalisierung (Uniform)

i have a single that has gold cord on the side of it, like what you would find on SS Polizei General Collar tabs. thanks

WWI Austrian collar tabs?WWI Austrian collar tabs?
    Came with some SS insignia.

?

I think the pebbled buttons pretty much date them to the post WWI era.

CCMJR

Anyone Else?

?

Hello

Those are not Austrohungarian WW1 colar tabs. Maybe Hungarian post WW1 ? Austrohungarian are different shape, you should look on the net for pictures of Austrohungarian soldiers...and you will see the difference.

S