Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

104th Observation Squadron tunic

Article about: I picked this tunic up a few months ago. The owner did not know what unit the patch was for, but I recognized it as the insignia for the 104th observation squadron. The main body of the insi

Default 104th Observation Squadron tunic

I picked this tunic up a few months ago. The owner did not know what unit the patch was for, but I recognized it as the insignia for the 104th observation squadron. The main body of the insignia is made from gold bullion and the face appears to be silver. You can see where a set of wings were attached, and there are two gold over seas chevrons. The owners name is written on the manufacturers tag and it looks like it says Culver or something close to that.

Thanks,
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 104th Observation Squadron tunic   104th Observation Squadron tunic  

104th Observation Squadron tunic   104th Observation Squadron tunic  

104th Observation Squadron tunic  

Default Re: 104th Observation Squadron tunic

Looks like metal wings on the tunic at one time-- Dallas maybe. First instinct with that and the really nice patch is a 20's aviator assigned to the 104th rather than overseas. What dates did the 104th inactivate? (or did they?)

What color are the time in service stripes? Are they blue?

Default Re: 104th Observation Squadron tunic

The service stripes are gold. And the 104th disbanded on 19 December 1918, however I beleive that I have seen some info on the 104th becoming part of the Maryland National Guard sometime in the 20's or 30's. Maybe Culver went over seas in some other capacity and later became a member of the 104th.