Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

1940 dated B type pilots helmet.

Article about: Hi guys won this on ebay on a horrendously cheap buy it now i really thought it would be rotten and no good but was shocked at the good condition when it turned up.It is named and marked up

Default 1940 dated B type pilots helmet.

Hi guys won this on ebay on a horrendously cheap buy it now i really thought it would be rotten and no good but was shocked at the good condition when it turned up.It is named and marked up to a navigator from 25 squadron i assume it was mosquito and he was a navigator from the other items the seller sold looks like a house clearance guy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1940 dated B type pilots helmet.   1940 dated B type pilots helmet.  

1940 dated B type pilots helmet.   1940 dated B type pilots helmet.  

Default Re: 1940 dated B type pilots helmet.

Looks great! Well done. Nice research project.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade from what i can figure he was a Nav on Mosquito night fighters from evidence of seller but not 100% if anyone has good evidence for me please id be very greatfull found one mention in London Gazzette but thats it so far.

If you bought it from 'military traderUK' then heavily doubt the provenance. But - you have a very nice Frank Bryan B that has had the mods done on the temples to make wearing the Mk IVB goggles more practical! It looks a bit dusty, but a great helmet and it good shape they can set you back in the 400-600 pound range from a dealer or a fair.

Read up on leather care here: CCI Notes 8/2

and clean it with this, but stay away from dressing products: Vulpex Spirit Soap

?

Nice pilots cap friend.

Very nice flying helmet........!
    Regards,

Steve.