Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

99th Aero Squadron Pilot/DSC Group

Article about: This is my first attempt to post on this forum. I'll start with a small group to Lt.Frank Llewellyn, Pilot, 99th Aero Squadron, AEF. His friends called him "Hank" - I hope you enjo

Default 99th Aero Squadron Pilot/DSC Group

This is my first attempt to post on this forum. I'll start with a small group to Lt.Frank Llewellyn, Pilot, 99th Aero Squadron, AEF. His friends called him "Hank" - I hope you enjoy

Dennis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 99th Aero Squadron Pilot/DSC Group   99th Aero Squadron Pilot/DSC Group  

99th Aero Squadron Pilot/DSC Group   99th Aero Squadron Pilot/DSC Group  

Default Re: 99th Aero Squadron Pilot/DSC Group

Hank was an All American Quarterback at Dartmouth College as shown in one of the photos. He died in his 90's, a beloved community man an an avid aviator all of his life. All items were given to me by his son.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 99th Aero Squadron Pilot/DSC Group   99th Aero Squadron Pilot/DSC Group  

Steve,

How's this?

DJ

Quote by Belleauwood View Post
    Steve,

How's this?

DJ
    Jeeeesh Dennis, just another one of your aviation DSC groups. Why don't you post something rare???

Seriously, this is a sight to behold. Excellent addition to the forum!
    Last edited by Steven M; 02-10-2010 at 08:58 PM.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Dennis, welcome from me! Thanks for posting a great group, a real treat to see, especially with all the photos.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Dennis,

Many thanks for posting this here. A simply stunning grouping and it is so nice to see things that are unquestionably real! Maj. Morris' items are the same. Very refreshing!

Cheers
    Gary

Quote by Belleauwood View Post
    This is my first attempt to post on this forum. I'll start with a small group to Lt.Frank Llewellyn, Pilot, 99th Aero Squadron, AEF. His friends called him "Hank" - I hope you enjoy

Dennis
    Dennis,
    Welcome aboard, I think you will find this forum much more friendly than some of the others out there. This is an absolutely stunning group Rarer than Rare. Thanks for sharing. I know you have a fantastic collection that I hope you will share with us as time goes on.
    Terry

I simply cannot believe that there have not been more postings to this thread...I think I have every photo memorized by now.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Fantastic Grouping!! As a New Hampshire resident It gives me a sense of pride and meaning to a true Hero who flew in the Great War! Very Nice!

Regards,

Joel

Chris N Beth Larson
    ?

My Great Grandfather John August Larson served in the 99th Aero Squadron 3rd CO 3rd Reg ASM June 1, 1918 to February 22, 1919
    I have many photos and items to share.

Great post on Llewellyn collection. Keep it together, great part of history coming up on the 100 year anniversary.

Be on the look out....
    Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, Raymond Brooks Spad VIII, Smith III, fabric donated to the collection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast