Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

ACM Longmore OBE, KCB, DSO, AFC, MID

Article about: This is one of my favourites. It is the jacket of Air Chief Marshal Longmore who started his career in the Royal Navy and was the fourth military aviator in the UK. He was obviously a part o

Default ACM Longmore OBE, KCB, DSO, AFC, MID

This is one of my favourites. It is the jacket of Air Chief Marshal Longmore who started his career in the Royal Navy and was the fourth military aviator in the UK. He was obviously a part of the RNAS and when the RNAS and RFC were combined in 1918 he stayed with the RAF. He is the man who taught Trenchard how to fly. I am in the midst of a cleaning so his belt is off and I still havn't dug out his ACM shoulder straps so you have to settle for his Air Marshall straps. All of his ribbons and his brevet are held on by snaps for easy removal for cleaning.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ACM Longmore OBE, KCB, DSO, AFC, MID   ACM Longmore OBE, KCB, DSO, AFC, MID  

ACM Longmore OBE, KCB, DSO, AFC, MID   ACM Longmore OBE, KCB, DSO, AFC, MID  

ACM Longmore OBE, KCB, DSO, AFC, MID   ACM Longmore OBE, KCB, DSO, AFC, MID  

ACM Longmore OBE, KCB, DSO, AFC, MID  

Default Re: ACM Longmore OBE, KCB, DSO, AFC, MID

Gee whiz holy smokes Gary! The fourth Military Aviator in the UK AND he trained Trenchard! Wow...many thanks for posting this and your others thus far. You have increased the interest factor for this section by many fold with these contributions.

BTW...you said this is one of your favorites, I smell more hidden treasure...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Steven,

Yes I have a few more... After I get back from the SOS I will be able to dig some more out. Right now I am prepping for that.

Cheers
    Gary
    Quote by Steven M View Post
    Gee whiz holy smokes Gary! The fourth Military Aviator in the UK AND he trained Trenchard! Wow...many thanks for posting this and your others thus far. You have increased the interest factor for this section by many fold with these contributions.

BTW...you said this is one of your favorites, I smell more hidden treasure...

Hi Gary, in my ignorance I had not heard of him, but I most certainly have heard of Lord Trenchard. Thanks for the education.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

Hmmm....Ignorance is an appellation I would never have (and never will) associated with you!

Cheers
    Gary
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Gary, in my ignorance I had not heard of him, but I most certainly have heard of Lord Trenchard. Thanks for the education.

Cheers, Ade.