Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

AGM: British WWI RAF No. 41 Squadron Pilot's Medals and Insignia Group

Article about: Did anyone here happen to see the group belonging Second Lieutenant Gordon Thomas Collinson, RAF on AGM before it disappeared? The description: Group of material belonging to Second Lieutena

Arrow AGM: British WWI RAF No. 41 Squadron Pilot's Medals and Insignia Group

Did anyone here happen to see the group belonging Second Lieutenant Gordon Thomas Collinson, RAF on AGM before it disappeared?

The description:

Group of material belonging to Second Lieutenant Gordon Thomas Collinson, a Canadian-born pilot who flew an S.E.5a with No. 41 Squadron and later served in WWII with the Royal Canadian Air Force. Medals include a three-place parade mount with: British War Medal 1914-20 impressed on the rim, "2. LIEUT. G.T. COLLINSON. R.A.F"; WWI Victory Medal impressed the same as War Medal and with Mentioned-in-Dispatch palm on the ribbon; and French 1914-18 Croix de Guerre. A separate, unmounted Canadian Volunteer Service Medal. Finally, two pieces of insignia accompany the group: Very attractive pair of 96mm wide, 1916-style, full-dress gold bullion wings with paper and canvas back for wear on the patrol jacket and a 1918-issue bullion, brass and red velvet cap badge for officer's below Air Rank. Comes with folder of research documenting Collinson's military career. Very fine group of material from an extremely active and effective fighter squadron
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: AGM: British WWI RAF No. 41 Squadron Pilot's Medals and Insignia Group

No I missed it. I wish Jeff wouldn't pull the photos until the catalog closes.

Default Re: AGM: British WWI RAF No. 41 Squadron Pilot's Medals and Insignia Group

Quote by Croix de Guerre View Post
    No I missed it. I wish Jeff wouldn't pull the photos until the catalog closes.
    Yea, me too. The cap insignia and the wing especially was be-u-tee-ful - neat group.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I missed it, was trying to get the painted 32nd division helmet. Thing was gone in ONE MINUTE!! arrggg

I completely missed that group--but sounded like a stunner.

Quote by Chris L View Post
    I missed it, was trying to get the painted 32nd division helmet. Thing was gone in ONE MINUTE!! arrggg

I completely missed that group--but sounded like a stunner.
    Ouch...I know that feeling. I will say that the site was actually very responsive this time. In the past, If I wanted a chance at anything, I would have to view the text only listing as the photos took foreveeeeeeer to download. This time, it did not seem that the server was overloaded. Whatever Jeff did, it worked.

Maybe the group will turn up on our section one day...ya never know.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Did it look like Tommy's?

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Yea, me too. The cap insignia and the wing especially was be-u-tee-ful - neat group.

Quote by Croix de Guerre View Post
    Did it look like Tommy's?
    Tom,

The wing is different. I was able to save the web page as a download before it was removed, and just figured out how to save the photos as individual files, so here they are.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AGM: British WWI RAF No. 41 Squadron Pilot's Medals and Insignia Group   AGM: British WWI RAF No. 41 Squadron Pilot's Medals and Insignia Group  

AGM: British WWI RAF No. 41 Squadron Pilot's Medals and Insignia Group   AGM: British WWI RAF No. 41 Squadron Pilot's Medals and Insignia Group  

AGM: British WWI RAF No. 41 Squadron Pilot's Medals and Insignia Group   AGM: British WWI RAF No. 41 Squadron Pilot's Medals and Insignia Group  

Attached Images Attached Images AGM: British WWI RAF No. 41 Squadron Pilot's Medals and Insignia Group  AGM: British WWI RAF No. 41 Squadron Pilot's Medals and Insignia Group 

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]