Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Aircraft Production Employee Badge !

Article about: This was my fathers badge, and the only thing of his I have that ties him to WWII. He passed away in 1980 at 64 yrs. It's a personal favorite of pieces in my collection, as you can imagine.

Default Aircraft Production Employee Badge !

This was my fathers badge, and the only thing of his I have that ties him to WWII. He passed away in 1980 at 64 yrs. It's a personal favorite of pieces in my collection, as you can imagine.

Dad could not join up and fight the war overseas like my two uncles did, because of his bad ears.
    I know he would have wanted to go.
    Instead, he worked for Massey-Harris Company in Toronto building wooden wings for the Avro "Anson" and DeHavilland "Mosquito" bomber. He told me this when I was a kid.........

Over the last few years I found another pin exactly like it except for the pin-back. Dad's is a screw-back. These two are the only Canadian aircraft production employee badges I have ever seen in my 50 odd years - 36 of them collecting militaria.

I call them badges - not pins - because they were to be worn on civilian clothes to show you were a "war worker" and not a dodger or a spy, if you were of age to serve your country.

Pictured also is the original "Birks-Ellis" company envelope dads badge came in, and has been in, for the last 60 years or so.......................and a DeHavilland Aircraft logo pin I found on-line last year.

Regards,

Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aircraft Production Employee Badge !   Aircraft Production Employee Badge !  

Default Re: Aircraft Production Employee Badge !

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    This was my fathers badge, and the only thing of his I have that ties him to WWII. He passed away in 1980 at 64 yrs. It's a personal favorite of pieces in my collection, as you can imagine.

Dad could not join up and fight the war overseas like my two uncles did, because of his bad ears.
    I know he would have wanted to go.
    Instead, he worked for Massey-Harris Company in Toronto building wooden wings for the Avro "Anson" and DeHavilland "Mosquito" bomber. He told me this when I was a kid.........

Over the last few years I found another pin exactly like it except for the pin-back. Dad's is a screw-back. These two are the only Canadian aircraft production employee badges I have ever seen in my 50 odd years - 36 of them collecting militaria.

I call them badges - not pins - because they were to be worn on civilian clothes to show you were a "war worker" and not a dodger or a spy, if you were of age to serve your country.

Pictured also is the original "Birks-Ellis" company envelope dads badge came in, and has been in, for the last 60 years or so.......................and a DeHavilland Aircraft logo pin I found on-line last year.

Regards,

Steve.

Very nice family item. It's a good looking badge also. Thanks for sharing pics. It's nice that you kept it all this time, and also found another!!

Regards, Another Steve

Well, as the third Steve here, I'll vote and carry the motion as unanimous on this being a great posting. Thanks for sharing a personal treasure.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Thank you, to both Steves !

I love the 'Red-White-and-Blue' theme utilized on the badge.