Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Another Pioneer Aviator sadly leaves us.

Article about: A famed Tuskegee Airman was laid to rest today in Arlington National Cemetery. Burial services were held today for World War II Pilot Lt. Colonel Lee Archer, Junior. During the war, the fame

Default Another Pioneer Aviator sadly leaves us.

A famed Tuskegee Airman was laid to rest today in Arlington National Cemetery.
    Burial services were held today for World War II Pilot Lt. Colonel Lee Archer, Junior.
    During the war, the famed combat pilot was credited with shooting down four German planes… three in a single day.
    Archer flew 169 combat missions during WWII and was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross.
    Archer was 90-years-old when he died on January 27th in New York.

Only a handfull of these historic aviators are left. It is impossible today to imagine the struggle that they went through and barriers they overcame to acheive the status of US Army Aviator during WW2. Then went on to be one of the best combat aviation units during the war.

Let us all honor his memory.

Default Re: Another Pioneer Aviator sadly leaves us.

It always saddens my heart to hear of these heroes passing. Here is a photo of a P-51C in the paint scheme of Lt. Col. Archer's plane, and a photo of the man himself.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Pioneer Aviator sadly leaves us.   Another Pioneer Aviator sadly leaves us.  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Another Pioneer Aviator sadly leaves us.

Sad news indeed.

RIP.

Cheers, Ade.