Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Attempting to research a signature / person, RFC, 1/ARS, 1915

Article about: Good Evening / Morning Ladies and Gentlemen I am attempting to research a signature / person. It is for a J Mead, a Lieutenant - 1/A.R.S. (Advanced Regulating Station? - TBH - none the wiser

Default Attempting to research a signature / person, RFC, 1/ARS, 1915

Good Evening / Morning Ladies and Gentlemen

I am attempting to research a signature / person.

It is for a J Mead, a Lieutenant - 1/A.R.S. (Advanced Regulating Station? - TBH - none the wiser here...not even sure if that is what the abbreviation indicates) - who was active in November 1915 - I assume in France.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction? I've done many on-line searches and while I've come across a number of J Mead's, one of whom was a Quartermaster and Honorary Lieutenant and was appointed as an Assistant Equipment Officer, 13 August 1915.

The person I'm after signed out for a couple of aircraft - one going to England and the other going to the 13th Squadron, France.

Has anyone any suggestions on how I may be able to find out any information? I'm rather stumped.

Cheers
    Tim

?

Tim,

I imagine that you have already seen then these from the National Archives? The overlap between them is quite odd, makes me wonder if at least two are for the same person. I haven't much experience with these archives so don't know how likely that is.

Regards, Philip

Attempting to research a signature / person, RFC, 1/ARS, 1915

The National Archives | Search results:Mead Royal Flying Corps

Hi Philip

Yes, I have been hunting around the National Archives, but it could well be that I have totally missed my man - I don't have enough experience within this search tool....

OK - possibly an easier question and I'll start from here - can anyone shed any light on the abbreviation: 1/ A.R.S?

Cheers
    Tim