Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

bogus 13th Aero patch

Article about: While this patch shouldnt fool anyone, I thought I would post it for a comparison of what some of the repros look like. My guess is it would not take much to change the fabric colors for thi

Default bogus 13th Aero patch

While this patch shouldnt fool anyone, I thought I would post it for a comparison of what some of the repros look like. My guess is it would not take much to change the fabric colors for this ugly black, to old field grey and - boom - we have a new rare patch on the market.

the sewing looks different on this one compared to the others I have seen. Probably not the same company makeing the collector fakes we are seeing
    Attached Images Attached Images bogus 13th Aero patch 

Default Re: bogus 13th Aero patch

Quote by Chris L View Post
    While this patch shouldnt fool anyone, I thought I would post it for a comparison of what some of the repros look like. My guess is it would not take much to change the fabric colors for this ugly black, to old field grey and - boom - we have a new rare patch on the market.

the sewing looks different on this one compared to the others I have seen. Probably not the same company makeing the collector fakes we are seeing
    Chris,
    Thanks for posting. Your right its a real piece of junk, unless being sold as a repro. You say it shouldn't fool anyone but people are paying big bucks on e-bay for a recent run of boggus Air Service patches. There is currently a "Original" for sure 2nd Army Air Service Observers patch up for sale. It is a beautiful patch, but totally fake. Bet it goes for a couple hundred before its over.
    Terry

Default Re: bogus 13th Aero patch

I can only echo what my friends above have stated. This looks like something you would pick up at the local stop 'n rob; right between the movies no one has ever heard of and those bogus "performance" pill packets...total garbage that wouldn't fool my 13 year old.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]