Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Crashed Il-2 Sturmovik radio

Article about: Hello all, Hereby I wanna show my radio supposedly taken from a crashed Il-2 Sturmovik, crashed near Gdanks in march 1945. I usually don't collect relics but this one I couldn't pass on. I'v

Default Crashed Il-2 Sturmovik radio

Hello all,

Hereby I wanna show my radio supposedly taken from a crashed Il-2 Sturmovik, crashed near Gdanks in march 1945. I usually don't collect relics but this one I couldn't pass on. I've been doing some research but couldn't confirm it is indeed a radio used in the Il-2 Sturmovik. I know however for a fact it is used in Soviet military airplanes from 1937 'till 1959 and because of the specifications I know it is an early wartime radio. Unfortunately though the date tag is missing since this is on the left side of the radio, which is completely missing.

First pic is how the radio is supposed to look like in good condition (pic taken from Каталог радиотехники 19 и 20 века - Ретротехника

One can clearly see the impact the crash had on this radio and the metal container is completely deformed. Still there are plenty of parts that clearly identify this radio as the above shown army radio receiver:

Crashed Il-2 Sturmovik radioCrashed Il-2 Sturmovik radio

My questions now are, since I am not familiar with research to downed aircraft, does anyone know of a dug up Il-2 near Gdansk and second, did the Il-2 indeed also carry this specific radio?

Thanks a lot for looking and any help in the right direction!
    All the best,
    Marcel

Hereby the direct link to the radio with all data:

Армейский радиоприемник УС