Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Flugzeug-abbildungen - ausgabe: A. Fur mannschaften (WW1)

Article about: or: Aeroplane pictures for official use only edition .. A. For teams Good Evening/Morning Ladies and Gentlemen Well it arrived today - almost two months after I thought I had initially purch

Default Flugzeug-abbildungen - ausgabe: A. Fur mannschaften (WW1)

or: Aeroplane pictures for official use only edition .. A. For teams

Good Evening/Morning Ladies and Gentlemen

Well it arrived today - almost two months after I thought I had initially purchased it!

To cut a long story short, I discovered this book (I am hesitant to call it a booklet) - found it was still available and sent my details to the Seller - only to be told they had 'misplaced it'. I was somewhat miffed - notably because I had missed out on another one by this time. I had actually given up on ever seeing it - but lo-and-behold! Last week I received an email saying that they had found it and it was on it's way - if I still wanted it.

Needless to say I jumped at the offer - it was significantly cheaper than the other one I had seen and was in better condition.

Well to the actual book itself. It is bound in a cloth cover, is 46 pages in length and is a German ‘how to recognise aeroplanes' guide to 49 German, French, Belgian and British aircraft of World War 1. The illustrations show the whole aircraft, as well as the distinctive features of each type. It measures 175x137mm.

There are several very interesting features of this publication.
    1. It goes into a great deal of detail, unlike the simple 'Silhouettes of Aircraft' I have from the British and French viewpoints.
    2. There is a separate section at the back (really a booklet in a book) that gives the markings of all aircraft involved in the war - in colour.
    3. The pages actually fold out rather than the 'normal' binding method (apart from the booklet at the rear).

I absolutely adore (and I don't use the definition lightly) it!

Cheers
    Tim

[Edit: Forgot a picture]

Flugzeug-abbildungen - ausgabe: A. Fur mannschaften (WW1)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeug-abbildungen - ausgabe: A. Fur mannschaften (WW1)   Flugzeug-abbildungen - ausgabe: A. Fur mannschaften (WW1)  

Flugzeug-abbildungen - ausgabe: A. Fur mannschaften (WW1)   Flugzeug-abbildungen - ausgabe: A. Fur mannschaften (WW1)  

Flugzeug-abbildungen - ausgabe: A. Fur mannschaften (WW1)   Flugzeug-abbildungen - ausgabe: A. Fur mannschaften (WW1)