Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

General "Jimmy" Doolittle's medals

Article about: My brother recently visited the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC and took a photograph of a small display featuring the medals of James Doolittle. Doolittle earned the Medal o

Default General "Jimmy" Doolittle's medals

My brother recently visited the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC and took a photograph of a small display featuring the medals of James Doolittle. Doolittle earned the Medal of Honor for his role in planning and participating in the Doolittle Raid in the months following the attack on Pearl Harbor.

General "Jimmy" Doolittle's medals

Default Re: General "Jimmy" Doolittle's medals

A real WW2 Hero.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Really nice photo.
    I had the great pleasure of becoming friends with one of the pilots from the April 1942 Tokyo raid. Travis Hoover Col. USAF Ret. Sadly he passed away a few years back. He was a great guy. He could drink rum like it was tap water. We had some great afternoons talking about his WWII, Korean War and Vietnam exploits, current events and other bullshit. He gave me the A2 pilots jacket he wore on the raid. I have pictures of him holding the jacket the day he gave it to me. I also have the 50 year reunion plaque for the raiders reunion with a photo in it in 1992 with him standing next to a B25. I am pretty sure I know where the jacket is now. I moved 2 years ago and am just now getting things sorted out. ( I have a lot of stuff ) I'll take some photos and post them in the next day or 2 if anybody is interested in seeing it. It is just a plain A2 but the history behind it is neat.

Steve-
    It would be of great interest to see this historical artifact. Please do post pictures of it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Oh yes please Steve,
    What a fantastic item mate.
    The bravest of the brave those guy's.
    Cheers mate
    Dave