Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help on this Picture

Article about: i need some Help on this Picture, what plan is showen, dose some one know what scuadron tis can be, on the back is written palestine 1916

Default Help on this Picture

i need some Help on this Picture,
    what plan is showen, dose some one know what scuadron tis can be, on the back is written palestine 1916
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on this Picture  

Default Re: Help on this Picture

The aircraft looks like a Royal Aircraft Factory B.E.2 (Blériot Experimental) it was British single-engine two-seat biplane in service with the Royal Flying Corps (RFC) and the Australian Flying Corps (AFC) it has a distinctive 4 blade propeller. During World War I. About 3,500 were built, used as fighters, interceptors, light bombers, trainers and reconnaissance aircraft.
    I am trying to narrow down who flew B.E.2c's in Palestine 1916. But as the photo has an individual standing far left wearing an Australian slouch hat. the Australian Flying Corps was definitely in Palestine during this period.
    No. 1 Squadron AFC, was listed as the only Australian Squadron in Egypt and in Palestine. Although there was also a half flight training squadron in Mesopotamia
    There were more squadrons of the Royal Flying Corps and the South African Air Force.
    I hope that this helps a little.

Default Re: Help on this Picture

ohh yaa great, thanks for the information