Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Highly reccomend this book: The Wings of Morning by Thomas Childers

Article about: I just wanted to reccomend a great historical book on WW2 aiviation in the European theater. It is titled The Wings of Morning by Thomas Childers. It is the true story of the crash of the la

Thumbs up Highly reccomend this book: The Wings of Morning by Thomas Childers

I just wanted to reccomend a great historical book on WW2 aiviation in the European theater. It is titled The Wings of Morning by Thomas Childers. It is the true story of the crash of the last heavy bomber shot down over Europe during WW2. It was a B-24 Liberator piloted by the Fairington crew The 422 "The Flying Deck" stationed at Attelbridge England.

The navigator was Dr. Childers uncle.. and his earlyest memory was that of his uncle's funeral. As a historian he researched all facets of the story... assembling corespondence from the crew 's family members and adding details he researched over a long period both at the 8th AF headquarters, the UK archives and interviews with germans that saw the aircraft shot down and found the wreckage. I found this book after seeing it given the highest rating on the 8th AF website... and it IS a really great read if you are interested in the 8th AF and the ww2 air combat.
    I know how factual it is because I knew someone that was stationed at Attelbridge and he knew many of the people mentioned in the book personally. He thought it was great. It is on Amazon for a low price...

Just thought you might love a great book.
    Attached Images Attached Images Highly reccomend this book: The Wings of Morning by Thomas Childers 

?

Default Re: Highly reccomend this book: The Wings of Morning by Thomas Childers

Great, Thanks ! always looking for a new WWII aviation book.