Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hungarian Luftwaffe

Article about: Hi All I wanted to share some images of a model Stuka Ju 87 dive bomber that may late Stepfather gave me prior to his passing away about 20 years ago. He told me (many years ago) that he rec

Default Hungarian Luftwaffe

Hi All

I wanted to share some images of a model Stuka Ju 87 dive bomber that may late Stepfather gave me prior to his passing away about 20 years ago.

Hungarian LuftwaffeHungarian LuftwaffeHungarian LuftwaffeHungarian LuftwaffeHungarian LuftwaffeHungarian LuftwaffeHungarian LuftwaffeHungarian LuftwaffeHungarian Luftwaffe

He told me (many years ago) that he received the model as part of his graduation ceremony from a Hungarian air academy that he attended towards the end of WW2. I also have his original graduation certificate and also the wooden prop from a 1939 Gypsy Moth (no idea where he acquired this little beauty).

Hungarian LuftwaffeHungarian LuftwaffeHungarian LuftwaffeHungarian Luftwaffe

The only missing parts of the Stuka are one of the bombs and the stand, otherwise completely intact and in great condition for it's age.

Q: Has anyone seen a model Stuka like this? And if so would you know if it was silver plated (for whatever reason he decided to spray it silver, and to this day it's still coated in spray paint).

Also, with the prop, I'd like to get and idea of what the original dome looked like and what it could have been made of, as I would lke to get something fabricated. The prop, his graduation certificate and his enlarged graduation class photo are all on display in my man cave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hungarian Luftwaffe  

Oh, forgot to mention that other than flying the Ju-87's he also flew ME-109E's, and was shot down by a Mustang over France and ultimately sat out the war in Northern England in a POW camp.

he was a lucky man.