Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Korean War H Series Pilots Helmet

Article about: Not too familiar with Korean War Pilots Helmets, but this looks like a Gentex H3 or H4 series pilots helmet. Have an opportunity to purchase for \\$100. Any information or comments are very mu

Default Korean War H Series Pilots Helmet

Not too familiar with Korean War Pilots Helmets, but this looks like a Gentex H3 or H4 series pilots helmet. Have an opportunity to purchase for $100. Any information or comments are very much appreciated.

Korean War H Series Pilots HelmetKorean War H Series Pilots HelmetKorean War H Series Pilots HelmetKorean War H Series Pilots HelmetKorean War H Series Pilots Helmet

Looks like a H-3 from the pics. $100 is a bargain.
    You can compare the H-3 and H-4 on this link:

Best of Flightgear

Cheers, Willie.

Indeed - great price for a jet-age helmet.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

100 dollars worth of fun right there

I would snap that up in a minute. Cheers Brian

The boom mike and other components alone if someone was restoring a helmet would be priced at around $100.. You're getting a great deal..

Smitty

Thanx Willie for the link. Yes, it is a H3 helmet. That makes it even better. Here are some more pics of the helmet after I picked it up. I am in the process of researching the pilot. His name was Hollis Dean Isenhath (Ike). Born 1924, Hastings Michigan. Passed away August 19 1994 El Paso Texas. I could not find any service information on the Korean War, did find that he served in 1945 with the Navy Torpedo Bombing Squadron VT(N)91. I am waiting for a picture, the googles and more info from his niece so I can research more.

Korean War H Series Pilots Helmet Korean War H Series Pilots Helmet Korean War H Series Pilots Helmet Korean War H Series Pilots Helmet Korean War H Series Pilots Helmet Korean War H Series Pilots Helmet Korean War H Series Pilots Helmet Korean War H Series Pilots Helmet Korean War H Series Pilots Helmet Korean War H Series Pilots Helmet

This is a nice looking helmet.. Will see if there is anything I can find about him in El Paso, Texas.

Smitty