Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lt. Earl Forsyth Foggia Italy Caproni Pilot

Article about: This is a smalll grouping to Lt. Earl Forsyth who trained at Foggia, Italy and then remained in Italy flying the Caproni Bomber. Just a few pictures of some interesting material. I have a ph

Default Lt. Earl Forsyth Foggia Italy Caproni Pilot

This is a smalll grouping to Lt. Earl Forsyth who trained at Foggia, Italy and then remained in Italy flying the Caproni Bomber. Just a few pictures of some interesting material. I have a photo album which contains numerous original orders, pictures and documents pertaining to his service in Italy. (too many to show at this time). Attached pic include the frame with his US and Italian wings. Picture of him wearing the Italian wing and in the frame a picture of him wearing the US wing. Identification booklets for AEF, Aero Club of American and Aero Club of Italy. ID tag when he was a Sgt prior to receiving comission. Thought this may be of interest to some of you guys out there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lt. Earl Forsyth Foggia Italy Caproni Pilot   Lt. Earl Forsyth Foggia Italy Caproni Pilot  

Lt. Earl Forsyth Foggia Italy Caproni Pilot   Lt. Earl Forsyth Foggia Italy Caproni Pilot  

Lt. Earl Forsyth Foggia Italy Caproni Pilot   Lt. Earl Forsyth Foggia Italy Caproni Pilot  

Attached Images Attached Images Lt. Earl Forsyth Foggia Italy Caproni Pilot  Lt. Earl Forsyth Foggia Italy Caproni Pilot 

Default Re: Lt. Earl Forsyth Foggia Italy Caproni Pilot

Quote by hawk3370 View Post
    This is a smalll grouping to Lt. Earl Forsyth who trained at Foggia, Italy and then remained in Italy flying the Caproni Bomber. Just a few pictures of some interesting material. I have a photo album which contains numerous original orders, pictures and documents pertaining to his service in Italy. (too many to show at this time). Attached pic include the frame with his US and Italian wings. Picture of him wearing the Italian wing and in the frame a picture of him wearing the US wing. Identification booklets for AEF, Aero Club of American and Aero Club of Italy. ID tag when he was a Sgt prior to receiving comission. Thought this may be of interest to some of you guys out there.

Additional pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lt. Earl Forsyth Foggia Italy Caproni Pilot   Lt. Earl Forsyth Foggia Italy Caproni Pilot  

Lt. Earl Forsyth Foggia Italy Caproni Pilot  

?

very interesting and rare italian bird!

This is just incredible, I am running out of adjectives! Those US wings are just beautiful, I see some British influence in them. As far as the Identity booklets and Aero Club ID's, it is hard enough to find one to a stateside pilot, but two have AEF examples in a group from both countries...unbelievable. Thank yo very much for adding this to the Aviation Section.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]