Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Lt. Howard Carl Eales Grouping, Pilot, Observer - WW I, French Escadrille 120 & US 91st. Aero Squadron

Article about: Here is a wonderful grouping that I recently had the privilege to add to my collection. I would like to thank Tom (Croix de Guerre) for not only letting me wrestle this away from him, but al

Default Re: Lt. Howard Carl Eales Grouping, Pilot, Observer - WW I, French Escadrille 120 & US 91st. Aero Squadron

Howard and a comrade. Note the ssi and two of his eventual three overseas stripes that he was entitled to.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lt. Howard Carl Eales Grouping, Pilot, Observer - WW I, French Escadrille 120 & US 91st. Aero Squadron  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Lt. Howard Carl Eales Grouping, Pilot, Observer - WW I, French Escadrille 120 & US 91st. Aero Squadron

Upon close examination of the position of the wing, I think the tunic in the photo and the one that accompanies this grouping are the same as the angle of the wing and mounting height above the pocket is identical.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lt. Howard Carl Eales Grouping, Pilot, Observer - WW I, French Escadrille 120 & US 91st. Aero Squadron  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Here is a nice shot of what I believe is a Breguet Bomber. This particular aircraft carried a maximum bomb load of 564 pounds. This aircraft also had a unique feature in that the flaps on the lower wings would drop automatically if the air speed was below 70 mph.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Here is a period photo showing BR 120 squadron insignia.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Here is a newspaper article that featured Howard.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Cont...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Howard in his aircraft.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

This is an 8X10 original period photo. Howard with the 91st. Aero. He is second from the left.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Original polaroid photos of Howard writing the letter I will show below. The letter states that Howard is giving this very tunic to Harry Block shown in the photo below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lt. Howard Carl Eales Grouping, Pilot, Observer - WW I, French Escadrille 120 & US 91st. Aero Squadron   Lt. Howard Carl Eales Grouping, Pilot, Observer - WW I, French Escadrille 120 & US 91st. Aero Squadron  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

The letter.

If there is any interest, I have a few more items I can post related to this grouping.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast