MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Lt Howard Whitnay Wing, Air Service 1918

Article about: Lt Howard Whitney Wing rated as a Reserve Military Aviator (RMA) after graduation from flight school. He remained in the states and graduated from the Instructors School at San Antonio, Texa

Default Lt Howard Whitnay Wing, Air Service 1918

Lt Howard Whitney Wing rated as a Reserve Military Aviator (RMA) after graduation from flight school. He remained in the states and graduated from the Instructors School at San Antonio, Texas in December 1918. This is a typical example of the stateside aviator uniform with bullion wing. For some reason this particular style bullion wing is one of my favorites, it just seems to have a special appeal for me. Attached are pictures of Lt Wings uniform, wings, picture and Instructors School Graduation Certificate, plus his boots and hat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lt Howard Whitnay Wing, Air Service 1918   Lt Howard Whitnay Wing, Air Service 1918  

Lt Howard Whitnay Wing, Air Service 1918   Lt Howard Whitnay Wing, Air Service 1918  

Lt Howard Whitnay Wing, Air Service 1918   Lt Howard Whitnay Wing, Air Service 1918  

Lt Howard Whitnay Wing, Air Service 1918  

Default Re: Lt Howard Whitnay Wing, Air Service 1918

Another great addition! That is indeed a fine looking wing. It looks to be heavily influenced by the French designs found on uniforms of those serving in the AEF.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]