Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lt. Jerome Keith, Observer, AEF, Issoudun, France

Article about: Here is yet another piece from my aviation collection. Terry Morris and Duncan Campbell both feature Lt. Keith's wing in their publications. The letter from Keith is a very interesting read

Default Re: Lt. Jerome Keith, Observer, AEF, Issoudun, France

Been a while since I posted this, thought some of you might like to see an unusual letter written home by an overseas aviator during the great War so I am bumping it up.

To the best of my knowledge, most officers of the period served as their own "censor", and this letter is no exception as noted on the lower left corner of the envelope.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Lt. Jerome Keith, Observer, AEF, Issoudun, France

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Been a while since I posted this, thought some of you might like to see an unusual letter written home by an overseas aviator during the great War so I am bumping it up.

To the best of my knowledge, most officers of the period served as their own "censor", and this letter is no exception as noted on the lower left corner of the envelope.
    Steve,
    Its such a small world when dealing with the WW1 Aviation material. Attached are pictures of Keith's uniform and wing. Thanks for sharing the letter, very interesting.
    Terry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jerome Keith.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	79776   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jerome Keith wing.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	79777  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12