Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Major Harry L. Wingate, Pilot, Instructor - WW1, 3rd. Aviation Instruction Center, Issoudun, France

Article about: As my first posting in the newly created Aviation Forum, I would like to introduce you all to Major Harry L. Wingate. This grouping highlights the contribution of the unsung heroes of WWI av

Default Re: Major Harry L. Wingate, Pilot, Instructor - WW1, 3rd. Aviation Instruction Center, Issoudun, France

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Dennis,

Many thanks! I am very happy to see your post here...been a long time my friend.
    Steve, will post here soon some of the collection. Winter storm here today, - Give me a call @ home

DJ

Default Re: Major Harry L. Wingate, Pilot, Instructor - WW1, 3rd. Aviation Instruction Center, Issoudun, France

Quote by Belleauwood View Post
    Steve, will post here soon some of the collection. Winter storm here today, - Give me a call @ home

DJ
    Will do Dennis. I sincerely hope that one of the groups you post will be that unbelievably magnificent Lafayette Escadrille grouping to Walter Rheno that you told me about...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Wingate family members,

If any of you view this posting, I have a request if you would be so kind. I would be most grateful if the Major's daughter and any other family members who have recollections of Major Wingate might be willing to record a voice narrative of your memories of him on cassette tape.

I imagine that that there are many thoughts and sentiments about his life, personality and characteristics that could never be documented on paper. I would consider this effort as a treasured addition to his memory and the grouping. I want to know everything I can about the man, and would very much like to capture these thoughts before they are lost to history. Please contact me by phone or e-mail if this is something that might be possible. My sincere thanks in advance.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Anne Wingate Mitchell
    ?

Hey Steve,
    This is Anne Wingate Mitchell, Granddaughter of H.L. Wingate, Sr. and daughter of H.L. Wingate, Jr. (the navigator) I was shocked when my sister Elizabeth Spence Wingate called about what she had found on the internet. My brother, Tripp, yes that would be H.L. Wingate III should be posting soon along with his son H.L. Wingate, IV. (19 and just joined the National Guard) Our grandfather was such a tremendous influence on our lives! Seeing such an awsome tribute to him brings tears to my eyes. We would welcome any correspondence to help you preserve the memory of our beloved Grandfather! Hello to cousin Wingate and Caitlin

Quote by Anne Wingate Mitchell View Post
    Hey Steve,
    This is Anne Wingate Mitchell, Granddaughter of H.L. Wingate, Sr. and daughter of H.L. Wingate, Jr. (the navigator) I was shocked when my sister Elizabeth Spence Wingate called about what she had found on the internet. My brother, Tripp, yes that would be H.L. Wingate III should be posting soon along with his son H.L. Wingate, IV. (19 and just joined the National Guard) Our grandfather was such a tremendous influence on our lives! Seeing such an awsome tribute to him brings tears to my eyes. We would welcome any correspondence to help you preserve the memory of our beloved Grandfather! Hello to cousin Wingate and Caitlin
    Hello Anne,

Thank you for the follow-up posting very much! I thought that merely obtaining the items of such a great man was an honor in itself, but to have his family posting with such support is something I will remember fondly as long as I live. I am sure that the Major is looking down through the windows of heaven and smiling with approval and admiration...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I have a few more very minor details to finish in the renovation of my study, but now I can start putting my displays back together. Here is the wall that I dedicated to the Major.

**I would like to say for the record that the Sam Browne belt on the mannequin is a spare that I use for groups that do not have a complete setup. The waist belt section over the valet came with the group, however, I have never had the shoulder strap portion.**

I have intentionally left space above the photos in the event that I am able to obtain other information that can be framed and placed with the group.

Here is an overall shot of the Major's area. I tried to make it look like he is ready for duty, trousers awaiting use! I hope you all approve of the display.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wingate D1.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	86862  
    Last edited by Steven M; 02-28-2010 at 11:04 PM.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wingate D2.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	210.1 KB 
ID:	86843  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Name:	Wingate D3.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	86844  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Name:	Wingate D4.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	86845  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Name:	Wingate D5.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	86847  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast