Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Memoirs of a Stuka Pilot - Hulmut Mahlke

Article about: This book is being advertised in various magazines and I thought some of you may be intertested... "After recounting his early days as a naval cadet, including a voyage to the Far East

Default Memoirs of a Stuka Pilot - Helmut Mahlke

This book is being advertised in various magazines and I thought some of you may be intertested...

"After recounting his early days as a naval cadet, including a voyage to the Far East aboard the cruiser Koln, and as the navigator/observer of the floatplane carried by the pocket battleship Admiral Scheer during the Spanish Civil War, the author describes his flying training as a Stuka pilot. The author's naval dive-bomber Gruppe was incorporated into the Luftwaffe upon the outbreak of war. What follows is a fascinating Stuka pilot's eye view of some of the most famous and historic battles and campaigns of the early war years: the Blitzkrieg in France, Dunkirk, the Battle of Britain, the bombing of Malta, North Africa, Tobruk, Crete and, finally, the invasion of the Soviet Union. The author also takes the reader behind the scenes into the day-to-day life of his unit and brings the members of his Gruppe to vivid life; describing their off-duty antics and mourning their loss in action. The story ends when he himself is shot down in flames by a Soviet fighter and severely burned. He was to spend the remainder of the war in various staff appointments".
    Attached Images Attached Images Memoirs of a Stuka Pilot - Hulmut Mahlke 
    Last edited by Woolgar; 07-02-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: Memoirs of a Stuka Pilot - Hulmut Mahlke

Another book to add to the reading list (Groan!)

Looks interesting will add it to the list.

Very nice! And since it mentions Crete i will buy it for sure! Many thanks buddy! Do you know if it is translated in Greek? If not i'll buy the english version!

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    Very nice! And since it mentions Crete i will buy it for sure! Many thanks buddy! Do you know if it is translated in Greek? If not i'll buy the english version!
    Not sure mate but it will be worth finding out

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I'll have a look! Anyway i think my English are good enough for this book!

?

Sounds like a good One Nick
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Looks very interesting. Unfortunately the veteran has passed away in 1998 so it won't be in the "signed books" collection.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Looks very interesting. Unfortunately the veteran has passed away in 1998 so it won't be in the "signed books" collection.
    Correct! Here is some more info:

Kommandeur Helmut Mahlke

Nick

thanks Nick a great link.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast