Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Movie Theater Glass Slides from The Great War

Article about: These are by no means of the caliber of what has been posted here lately, but I think they are still interesting. Hope you enjoy seeing them. The following are glass slides that were sent to

Arrow Movie Theater Glass Slides from The Great War

These are by no means of the caliber of what has been posted here lately, but I think they are still interesting. Hope you enjoy seeing them.

The following are glass slides that were sent to a movie theater in Green Bay, WI in 1917 to show between films giving current news and events. One slide caption states "Lieut. Franklin K. Lane Jr., Son of Secretary Lane of the Interior, in his Navy Aeroplane. He has just resigned from a commission in the English Army to serve under his own Colors". "Shown through courtesy of Joannes Bros. Company - Home of Martha Washington Pure Food Products". This glass slide was produced by the Western Newspaper Union of New York. The slide measures 3-1/4" x 4".

The other slide reads "A Seismograph with delicate disk attachment used by the clever Frenchmen to detect aero-planes. This little machine will detect an enemy plane fifty miles away". "Shown through courtesy of Joannes Bros. Company - Home of Martha Washington Pure Food Products".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Movie Theater Glass Slides from The Great War   Movie Theater Glass Slides from The Great War  

Movie Theater Glass Slides from The Great War  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Movie Theater Glass Slides from The Great War

Hi
    Nice to see stuff like this. Thanks for showing.

Martin

Default Re: Movie Theater Glass Slides from The Great War

Quote by mauser98k View Post
    Hi
    Nice to see stuff like this. Thanks for showing.

Martin
    Hi Martin, thanks. I was very surprised at the condition, they have obviously been well-stored over the years as they are near mint.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]