Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

New book: Luftwaffe Crash Archive

Article about: This is advertised in this months FlyPast magazine Looks like a must read for Luftwaffe fans! Luftwaffe Crash Archive Vol 1, Battle of Britain It documents all the downed LW aircraft in the

Default New book: Luftwaffe Crash Archive

This is advertised in this months FlyPast magazine

Looks like a must read for Luftwaffe fans!

Luftwaffe Crash Archive Vol 1, Battle of Britain

It documents all the downed LW aircraft in the UK

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: New book: Luftwaffe Crash Archive

That looks like it's worth a read!...

Default Re: New book: Luftwaffe Crash Archive

on order now.

Issue 4 of this great series was released a few months ago and covered 10th Sept to 27th Sept 1940 and Issue 5 is due to be sent out at the end of this month and covers 28th Sept to 27th Oct 1940.

What is pleasing is that each volume is paged in such a way so that when the volumes are put together the page numbers run in order so that Volume 1 has pages 1 to 128, Volume 2 has pages 129 to 256, Volume 3 has pages 257 to 384 and so on rather than each volume starting at Page 1.

Here is a link to the Luftwaffe Crash Archive page on the publisher's site showing all available editions...
    Luftwaffe Crash Archive | Product Tags | Wing Leader

Do you know how many volumes are planned Hucks ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Do you know how many volumes are planned Hucks ?

Nick
    When they first advertised the series I seem to recall that they mentioned between 6 and 10 but the true figure would depend on just how much information could be found. Considering that they are now up to Issue 5 and not even out of October 1940, I wouldn't be surprised if the eventual total is between 10 & 15 - but that is purely a guess on my part. They do plan to provide details on every Luftwaffe crash in the UK and they still have such campaigns as the Blitz, the Baedecker Raids, the Tip & Run raids and the Steinbock raids to cover, as well as the numerous other 'odds & sods' aircraft brought down, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is more than 10.