MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newark Air Museum

Article about: I decided to pop into Newark Air museum today. Slowly getting through all the pictures. I will start with the Vulcan that was based at R.A.F Waddington

Default Newark Air Museum

I decided to pop into Newark Air museum today. Slowly getting through all the pictures. I will start with the Vulcan that was based at R.A.F Waddington
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newark Air Museum   Newark Air Museum  

Newark Air Museum   Newark Air Museum  

Default Re: Newark Air Museum

The Memorial Garden
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newark Air Museum   Newark Air Museum  

Prototype of 'Upkeep'

Lancaster parts and an upper turret to a Manchester

Great pics Dave!

I watched that Vulcan land on that tiny airstrip in the late 70's!! It was a heart in the mouth moment but it did it !!
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

it took five minutes to get from Waddo to Newark! It needed a rather large parachute!!

Sea Harrier

Newark Air Museum  

V1 Flying bomb. Pic 2 parts are from a J52 crash site location unknown. The second is from a plane that crash landed in Hampshire during ww2. Anyone recognise what it is to??

Newark Air Museum  

The Avro Shackleton was a British long-range maritime patrol aircraft for use by the Royal Air Force and the South African Air Force. It was developed by Avro from the Avro Lincoln bomber with a new fuselage. It was originally used primarily in the anti-submarine warfare (ASW) and maritime patrol aircraft (MPA) roles, and was later adapted for airborne early warning (AEW), search and rescue (SAR) and other roles from 1951 until 1990. It also served in the South African Air Force from 1957 to 1984. The type is named after the polar explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton.

?

great pics , lets fly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast