Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NICE! 141st Aero Squadron Portrait

Article about: After getting into a discussion on unusual Air Service squadron insignia documented in photos, I remembered this image from my collection. He's wearing a 141st AS pin below a beautiful bulli

Default NICE! 141st Aero Squadron Portrait

After getting into a discussion on unusual Air Service squadron insignia documented in photos, I remembered this image from my collection. He's wearing a 141st AS pin below a beautiful bullion wing. On the left sleeve, he's wearing a 2nd Army patch with an aviation cockade sewn below the "2" footing.
    I should know his face, but it escapes me right now. I remember seeing his face amongst a collage of individual pilot photos from the 141st squadron. All were ID'd. I just need to find that image again...
    Attached Images Attached Images NICE! 141st Aero Squadron Portrait 

Default Re: NICE! 141st Aero Squadron Portrait

Quote by CThomas View Post
    After getting into a discussion on unusual Air Service squadron insignia documented in photos, I remembered this image from my collection. He's wearing a 141st AS pin below a beautiful bullion wing. On the left sleeve, he's wearing a 2nd Army patch with an aviation cockade sewn below the "2" footing.
    I should know his face, but it escapes me right now. I remember seeing his face amongst a collage of individual pilot photos from the 141st squadron. All were ID'd. I just need to find that image again...
    Chuck

Very nice picture. Always a pleasure to see such material. Thanks for posting

Terry

Terry-
    Glad you liked it.

I found that photo collage of the 141st flying personnel. Unfortunately, the reference I used, the 2nd Army Air Service yearbook, does not have very clear pictures of these pilots. My guess is this officer could be either a Lt. Hay or Lt. Kendall.

-Chuck

I love the real squadrons pins. I bought the Hughes brother's book, Flying for the Air Service just too have good photos of the Lion of Luxeuil. The squadron pin is to me the most interesting piece of aviation memrobillia besides the squadron fabric themselves.

Thank you for posting this photo!!

I agree a very well done portrait!

Speaking of squadron pins,,,,here is one from the 99th Aero.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NICE! 141st Aero Squadron Portrait