MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

OK, who is the lucky son of a gun...

Article about: This wing (very, very rare I might add) was just sold at auction for \\$1800+. The seller posted about 8 bogus wings and this one was in the mix. At first when I saw it, I was looking at it wi

Default OK, who is the lucky son of a gun...

This wing (very, very rare I might add) was just sold at auction for $1800+. The seller posted about 8 bogus wings and this one was in the mix. At first when I saw it, I was looking at it with great suspicion and trying to pick it apart. However, with the input of Major Morris and Cliff P., I realized that I was indeed looking at an original wing. It is easy to see something with "tainted" eyes when 99% of the sellers items are blatantly bogus...

This example was made by Dreher & Son...and is quite beautiful in my opinion. So who got it? Don't hold back, I WILL find out!

Behold...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OK, who is the lucky son of a gun...   OK, who is the lucky son of a gun...  

OK, who is the lucky son of a gun...   OK, who is the lucky son of a gun...  

Last edited by Steven M; 09-05-2010 at 01:04 AM.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: OK, who is the lucky son of a gun...

:O
    Last edited by Steven M; 09-05-2010 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Title error

?

Default Re: OK, whio is the lucky son of a gun...

nice wing ... i know it can fly HIGH! hard to find

?

Damnnnnn. Great find. i dont even wanna know what u paid for em judging by the posts

?

The pair i saw were made by Somethin "Attleboro" company. I remember lookin at em but they were too expensive for me. There is also a style with the inside of the wings coming further down on the shield towards the bottom. Are they about the same rarity?
    US aviation isnt really my thing, but still very interesting and i would love to hear any info! thanks guys

$1,824.99 U.S. to be exact...................!
    Regards,

Steve.

Beautiful wing! When they are right, they are right

Pretty nice indeed Chris.

All:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/aviat...ad-what-24320/

Please see the above thread. I failed to mention that the wing in this thread is cast (thanks to Cliff P for the clarification)...the link will address the question of legitimacy with provenance.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]