Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

P-4A Helmet and MBU-3/P O2 mask

Article about: I like that helmet mate....the offer still stands on that rare m9 marked nazi party badge!!!! Love ya guts

Default P-4A Helmet and MBU-3/P O2 mask

These are a recent barn sale (no I'm not kidding!) pickup. When I got them they were pretty rough so I did quite a bit of washing and some minor repairs to the electronics (it works now!) and just got it back together so I thought I would share. I got the officers uniforms as well and I hope to get some more from the lady who is clearing out the barn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P-4A Helmet and MBU-3/P O2 mask   P-4A Helmet and MBU-3/P O2 mask  

P-4A Helmet and MBU-3/P O2 mask   P-4A Helmet and MBU-3/P O2 mask  

Default Re: P-4A Helmet and MBU-3/P O2 mask

Gary,

A beautiful find. I need to start looking for old barns - amazing. Forgive my weakness in this area, but would I be close to correct in saying this is from the mid 1950's jet age?
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Steven,

Very close! 1956 or 1957 depending on who you believe. They were obsolete by 1964. This one was in a large cardboard drum which was sealed with a steel ring. I asked if I could look inside and saw all of the uniforms just smashed in there. I didn't even know the helmet was in there till I got the drum home and pulled everything out. There were a couple of altimeters and some more things in the back that she wasn't ready to part with but she supposedly has the mans documents so I am hoping I can find out more about the gentleman. I believe his first name was Don based on some internet digging I have been doing but won't know for sure for awhile.

I pick the uniforms up from the dry cleaner tomorrow and the B-15 flight jacket will go to a tailor friend for extensive repairs.

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Gary,

A beautiful find. I need to start looking for old barns - amazing. Forgive my weakness in this area, but would I be close to correct in saying this is from the mid 1950's jet age?

Quote by Gary Cain View Post
    Hi Steven,

Very close! 1956 or 1957 depending on who you believe. They were obsolete by 1964. This one was in a large cardboard drum which was sealed with a steel ring. I asked if I could look inside and saw all of the uniforms just smashed in there. I didn't even know the helmet was in there till I got the drum home and pulled everything out. There were a couple of altimeters and some more things in the back that she wasn't ready to part with but she supposedly has the mans documents so I am hoping I can find out more about the gentleman. I believe his first name was Don based on some internet digging I have been doing but won't know for sure for awhile.

I pick the uniforms up from the dry cleaner tomorrow and the B-15 flight jacket will go to a tailor friend for extensive repairs.
    Gary,

Thanks for the clarification, and I look forward to further updates on your progress! You know, seeing this gives me an idea for a display. I think it would be kind of neat to have a WWI flight helmet next to a "modern" flight helmet like this as sort of a progression of technology theme.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

These are a recent barn sale (no I'm not kidding!) pickup. When I got them they were pretty rough so I did quite a bit of washing and some minor repairs to the electronics (it works now!) and just got it back together so I thought I would share. I got the officers uniforms as well and I hope to get some more from the lady who is clearing out the barn.
    Hi Gary, great old flight helmet! There really are many treasures still out there to be found. I have many stories or great finds in unexpected places. Please show the B-15 jacket and uniforms sometime, that come from the "Barrel"

Here is one that was found in the trash yes trash, ready to be thrown out. My longtime friend who knows I am a collector, snagged it, and gave it to me last month when he and his wife were visiting. A nice present.

It was found in Marysville TN. somewhere. It from the late 60's. A helicopter or gunship? flight helmet, all complete, and with the carry bag also.
    I mostly collect WW2, but this is too nice to get rid of, looks stereotypical Vietnam war, and of course the price was very fair....

Regards, Steve
    "Dr. Ruby"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P-4A Helmet and MBU-3/P O2 mask   P-4A Helmet and MBU-3/P O2 mask  

P-4A Helmet and MBU-3/P O2 mask  

Hi Steve,

Good find yourself! That is a very nice SPH-4 with boom mounted M87/A1C mic! You are correct it is a Vietnam period helicopter flight helmet. And yes I will keep you posted on th restoration and cleaning progress.
    Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hi Gary, great old flight helmet! There really are many treasures still out there to be found. I have many stories or great finds in unexpected places. Please show the B-15 jacket and uniforms sometime, that come from the "Barrel"

Here is one that was found in the trash yes trash, ready to be thrown out. My longtime friend who knows I am a collector, snagged it, and gave it to me last month when he and his wife were visiting. A nice present.

It was found in Marysville TN. somewhere. It from the late 60's. A helicopter or gunship? flight helmet, all complete, and with the carry bag also.
    I mostly collect WW2, but this is too nice to get rid of, looks stereotypical Vietnam war, and of course the price was very fair....

Regards, Steve
    "Dr. Ruby"

Hi Steve,

Good find yourself! That is a very nice SPH-4 with boom mounted M87/A1C mic! You are correct it is a Vietnam period helicopter flight helmet. And yes I will keep you posted on th restoration and cleaning progress.
    Thanks Gary, it is nice, I like it. Yours is great too. Look forward to seeing the other items.
    Thanks for the info on my helmet, I did not research the exact models yet, the mic, helmet etc, now I know

Regards, Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post

Regards, Steve
    "Dr. Ruby"
    Liking your SPH-4 Steve I just recently scored an earlier APH-5

?

Is that similar to yours Rene????? Or was it made in china last week

SPH4 is armored I believe - and mine APH5 was replaced 67-68 , used close to China though

Bag also included but 1970 dated
    Last edited by reneblacky; 04-21-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast