Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Photo album: Sheppard Field, Texas.

Article about: Picked this up a few years back. Its photos are 50/50 on military and family life. I thought the back cover was very cool.

?

Default Photo album: Sheppard Field, Texas.

Picked this up a few years back. Its photos are 50/50 on military and family life. I thought the back cover was very cool.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photo album: Sheppard Field, Texas.   Photo album: Sheppard Field, Texas.  

Photo album: Sheppard Field, Texas.   Photo album: Sheppard Field, Texas.  

Photo album: Sheppard Field, Texas.  

?

Default re: Photo album: Sheppard Field, Texas.

my father was an instructor there. he may have taught the oil system of the B-32
    Dominator. (well, he did somewhere). He acquired a coatamundi (raccoon like animal. South American mammal from an NCO) and it used to gnaw lightly on my 1 and 1/2 yr.old arm. what were they thinking!? Poor dad. He missed out on becoming an inspector for the B-36 and had to re embrace poverty as a Texas school teacher.

?

Uboats your dad might be in this book

?

wouldn't that be funny

?

my hat's off to all. more info on this book.
    I have some recall of the B-32. we (my mother and I plus dad. he was an inspector there), were driving past some hangers at Carswell Field (spelling's bad) at Ft. Worth ,Tx(Consolidated Manuf.)
    and I remember them in hangers. the nacelles looked like clown faces. It's amazing what a small child remembers. " Did you remember the time the B-17 flew over Liberator Village (my mother once asked-we lived there) and crashed at the end of the runway? Nope. But I do have a strong memory of waiting at the end of the runway and stopping midway to let a B-25 fly over us. Jesus! the noise! i must have been made of stern stuff- didn't bother me at all!. Dad went off on a check flight for a finished B-32 and regaled us with tales of derring-do and mom handed him his head. " You have A wife and a small child and you go off joyriding on a test flight ?(of the B-32) . It was barely Ok'ed for green engine run". (Don't ask me what this meant)(. wasn't broken in ?).