Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A piece of Movie History!

Article about: I guess all us aviation nut jobs have seen the movie "The Blue Max" right? It's one of my all time favourite films to be honest and the scene where the Fokker Dr.1's fly under the

?

Default A piece of Movie History!

I guess all us aviation nut jobs have seen the movie "The Blue Max" right?

It's one of my all time favourite films to be honest and the scene where the Fokker Dr.1's fly under the bridge is one of the best aviation sequences caught on camera IMO.

Well, this item of movie history appeared for sale recently and I've just managed to secure it.
    It's part of the lower wing fabric of the replica Fokker Dr.1 that actually flew under that bridge!!
    I've been talking with the new owners of this remarkable aeroplane and this is the biggest and most complete section of original fabric that will ever be offered.

You guys have to read the history of this replica because it's quite extraordinary.

History

I thought long and hard about buying this because, ultimately, it's still just a 1960's replica but when you consider that no originals from WWI have survived, it puts it all into perspective.

Plus who doesn't fancy Ursula Andress!??!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A piece of Movie History!   A piece of Movie History!  

?

Here's the piece..doesn't look like much, granted, but the provenance is rock solid..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A piece of Movie History!   A piece of Movie History!  

A piece of Movie History!  

Very cool Ben

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Well done on the fabric mate it'll make a good conversation piece!..

?

Forgot my favourite lady!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A piece of Movie History!  
    Attached Images Attached Images A piece of Movie History! 

?

Wink

Mmm

Nice Bird Ben- I have a small collection of such beautiful favorites stacked away on different places here on this lava rock.

?

Cool, although I probably haven't seen the movie in about thirty years - I still remember the it very well.
    Regards,
    John

WOW!!!!!!Amazing piece

Good Movie in its day. I remember my father taking me to the theater to see it when I was a weee little lad.
    he knew I liked these kinds of movies as did he. I also remember seeing the Battle of Britain when it came out also.
    That movie poster you should have framed. It might be worth something.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Agh George Peppard, he will always be Hannibal Smith to me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast