Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Post your favourite nose art !

Article about: I just love looking at the hundreds of fascinating nose art on both USAF and Bomber Command aircraft! Please post here your favourite ! There are so many to choose from but I have to start w

Default Re: Post your favourite nose art !

There are plenty of books on the subject too !

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Post your favourite nose art !  Post your favourite nose art !  Post your favourite nose art !  Post your favourite nose art !  Post your favourite nose art !  Post your favourite nose art !  Post your favourite nose art ! 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Turn the crap music off this video and enjoy with some Glen Miller

Nose Art On WWII Aircraft - YouTube

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Wow! I am so glad you posted this excellent photo of Memphis Belle's plexiglass nose! This is one reference photo I desperately needed to see, as I can't find much at all on this particular plexiglass set up with the two .50 caliber machine guns sticking out of the top. The photos I have seen are just so poor and the detail is difficult to see. Does anyone know any good technical resources on the gun mounts for these nose guns?

Here's an original image I have (I don't know much about the plane though)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your favourite nose art !  

Fantastic old pic of a B-25 Mitchell!

Nice pic Grimebox, thanks for posting

@Wolfman, here are some pics I took last month of the 'Memphis Belle' used in the film. Normally she is the UK's flying 'Sally B'

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Post your favourite nose art !  Post your favourite nose art !  Post your favourite nose art ! 

The G variant was pretty formidable with that Bendix chin turret, lol! They added that since the Luftwaffe pilots had gotten in the habit of attacking the bombers head on, if I recall. The chin turret was a nasty surprise for them, lol..

Yes I bet !!

Nick

These are the images of my favorite B-17 No. 44-6261 "Never Satisfied." I was lucky enough to interview 7 members of it's crew for my book From Foggia to Freedom and have become great friends with it's pilot. "Never Satisfied" was shot down on Friday, Oct. 13, 1944 over Hungary. Flak damage was sustained on the bomb run over Vienna, Austria.

Post your favourite nose art !Post your favourite nose art !Post your favourite nose art !Post your favourite nose art !

Great images ! Thanks for adding these

I bet those guys had a tale or two to tell you !

Nick

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast