Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!

Article about: Thanks very much for posting. Do you have a straight on shot of it?

Arrow Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!

I hope those of you who have bullion or metal WWI wings will add them to this post. I'll start off with mine.

French made wing upon the tunic of Maj. Harry L. Wingate, Pilot, Instructor 3rd. AIC Issoudun France.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!   Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!  

Last edited by Steven M; 01-27-2010 at 11:46 PM.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default re: Post Your WWI Metal & Bullion Wings!

Classic French made wing upon the tunic of Lt. Howard Eales, Observer SPA 120, Pilot 91st Aero Sqdn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Lt. Charles Hill, 3rd, AIC Issoudun France. Hill was undergoing training to be a Pursuit Pilot at the time of the Armistice. This wing was made in the US, most probably by US Armstrong Uniform Co of Chicago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!   Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Am I the only US aviation collector here?

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by IMPERIAL QUEST View Post
    Am I the only US aviation collector here?

No. Not the only one. I just don't have any bullion wings to post, yet...

One of these days...

Quote by CThomas View Post
    No. Not the only one. I just don't have any bullion wings to post, yet...

One of these days...
    Hey old buddy, glad to see you here! We need to work on the other Gumbas and convince them to join too...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Yeah. We need to get them over here! I'd like to see more Air Service buffs on this forum

Yeah. We need to get them over here! I'd like to see more Air Service buffs on this forum
    Well Chucky, if.......(you know) - I think you and I can think of about ten to twelve US aviation collectors between us to bring over; one or two have written books on the subject. Some of our other friends like Dennis, Scott, Tom, Erick and John (to name a few) also know of others to introduce to the forum as well. I also know a few guys who are into British RFC, French and Imperial German aviation that I am sure would like to post as well.

Anyone else care to post their wings here?

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Post Your WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!

Looks like I am going solo here...

See the following thread for more details.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/aviat...ng-ever-10447/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Default Re: Post Your WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!

only one I have

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast