Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post your World War One Aviator Goggles and Equipment

Article about: Ww 1 u.s...........dave h

Default Post your World War One Aviator Goggles and Equipment

I thought this may be a cool thread to start to see what all is out there. I'd love to see if any members have Sidcot suits, Fug Boots or any other types of flying gear.

Here are some examples of WWI aviator goggles I have in my collection; I'd be curious what the other members may have. All of mine, to the best of my knowledge are of English manufacture.

The first is a "Triplex FwT Model" with its original case.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your World War One Aviator Goggles and Equipment   Post your World War One Aviator Goggles and Equipment  

Post your World War One Aviator Goggles and Equipment   Post your World War One Aviator Goggles and Equipment  

Default Re: Post your World War One Aviator Goggles and Equipment

Here is some of my srtuff.

Cheers
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your World War One Aviator Goggles and Equipment   Post your World War One Aviator Goggles and Equipment  

Post your World War One Aviator Goggles and Equipment   Post your World War One Aviator Goggles and Equipment  

MK I Triplex Flying Goggles

Helmet and Goggles of Foggione Pilot Allen Bevin ASSC - Flew active combat missions with the Italian Air Service - Farnham's and Caproni's - Later formed an American Handley-Page squadron in England.

Leather flight helmet and French made binoculars of 1LT. Charles Hill, 3rd. Aviation Instruction Center, Issoudun, France.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your World War One Aviator Goggles and Equipment  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Here is the case for my Mark I Triplex googles.

638th Aero Squadron Id'ed Leather flight Helmet to Lt. Howard F. Rough. The 638th was a late war Pursuit Squadron

Ww 1 british helmet cowl......dave h
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your World War One Aviator Goggles and Equipment  

Ww 1 u.s. Football style crash helmet........dave h

Ww 1 u.s. Navy.....dave h

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast