Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAAF Duffle Bag

Article about: You could try here maybe? Search Results

Default RAAF Duffle Bag

WW2 RAAF duffel bag used by three people, here's one WW2 Nominal Roll you guys can punch in the numbers for the other two I love the eagle painted on

Default Re: RAAF Duffle Bag

Hi René, I just love how you can research your WW2 servicemen. It transforms even the most mundane item knowing all about the original owner/s.

I like the artwork too.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi René, I just love how you can research your WW2 servicemen. It transforms even the most mundane item knowing all about the original owner/s.

I like the artwork too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade
    Glad someone has some interest

Hi Rene
    42067 Willian Roy Johnston CORPORAL 18 REPAIR UNIT RAAF
    409245 Gordon William Spittle LAC 3 EFTS RAAF
    Hope this helps
    Regards Mike

Cheers Mike did you see that Gordon only spent six months 409245 how strange?

Here's some info kindly supplied by AIF - Hi Rene, nice kit bag love the hand painted eagle, Now i dont want to shoot you down on this one, although in my opinion I think this bag only had one owner, I think one of the big serial numbers is a stuff up and they have put a 4 where the 9 should be or vice versa and one of these guys was the owner, the smaller number would be the shipping identification number, Im sure If it was reissued the original owners number would be scrubbed out to save confusion, I have a few Australian ww2 Army kit bags and a RAAF one also and they all have this, I just had a check and the guy with sevice number 404245 was KIA pretty sad that. Give me 1o mins and I will see if i can dig mine out and show you

Common Aussie 37 gear
    Last edited by reneblacky; 11-03-2010 at 06:44 AM. Reason: added link

Hi René, just looked at the numbers again and i think AIF might be correct here. I never noticed how close those two numbers were and now I am thinking there could be a possible mistake too.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Rene,

I just have to share my RCAF duffle bag with you. There's no mistaking who it was owned by; very clearly marked. Now if I only knew how to dig thru the data bases to find out more about Sgt. Berntt. This bag is destined to become part of my RCAF uniform display like the lower photo from my Men-At-Arms book on the RAF.. Let me know what you think.

RAAF Duffle BagRAAF Duffle BagRAAF Duffle Bag

Quote by gbalke View Post
    Rene,

I just have to share my RCAF duffle bag with you. There's no mistaking who it was owned by; very clearly marked. Now if I only knew how to dig thru the data bases to find out more about Sgt. Berntt. This bag is destined to become part of my RCAF uniform display like the lower photo from my Men-At-Arms book on the RAF.. Let me know what you think.

RAAF Duffle BagRAAF Duffle BagRAAF Duffle Bag
    Thanks for showing Gary, Very nice.
    I'm not sure on how to look up Canadian service people, but I'll take a look around

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast