Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAF Scampton Birthday surprise !

Article about: Happened by RAF Scampton last week on my Birthday and the Red Arrows decided to give me a private Birthday air show !!! I couldn't believe it ! Jolly Fellows ! Nick

Default RAF Scampton Birthday surprise !

Happened by RAF Scampton last week on my Birthday and the Red Arrows decided to give me a private Birthday air show !!! I couldn't believe it !

Jolly Fellows !

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Scampton Birthday surprise !   RAF Scampton Birthday surprise !  

RAF Scampton Birthday surprise !   RAF Scampton Birthday surprise !  

RAF Scampton Birthday surprise !  
    Last edited by Woolgar; 12-03-2015 at 06:28 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

mpw
    ?

Lucky man! My old mum lives not far away and they often put a display on when she walks to the local shops. Very generous lot indeed.

Thanks for posting the pictures Nick, a great reminder of times past for me. I was stationed at Kirton in Lindsey just up the road in 1973/74. One of my jobs, when duty driver, was to call at the base to pick up the signals on Russian (spy) trawler movements. In those days 'Just Jane' was the gate guardian, and the main road was controlled by traffic lights for the take-off and landing of the Vulcan bombers. Happy days!

Steve.

A great birthday treat I imagine Many happy returns BTW!

I don't suppose you got a pic of the grave of "the" dog?

I am alternately amazed and angered by the PC brigades objection to what is historical fact. Something that really messes with the historical message especially when you consider that changing or deleting the dogs name from showings of the film causes complete misunderstanding of the code word for the breaching of the Mohne Dam which was transmitted in Morse code (the dummies don't get that bit do they?) and was actually the dogs name!
    I hope this is settled by the time the much awaited re-make appears

Anyway, I digress! Great pics and surely an enjoyable visit.

Thanks for reminding us of this historic place

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    A great birthday treat I imagine Many happy returns BTW!

I don't suppose you got a pic of the grave of "the" dog?

I am alternately amazed and angered by the PC brigades objection to what is historical fact. Something that really messes with the historical message especially when you consider that changing or deleting the dogs name from showings of the film causes complete misunderstanding of the code word for the breaching of the Mohne Dam which was transmitted in Morse code (the dummies don't get that bit do they?) and was actually the dogs name!
    I hope this is settled by the time the much awaited re-make appears

Anyway, I digress! Great pics and surely an enjoyable visit.

Thanks for reminding us of this historic place

Regards

Mark
    Thanks Mark !

Discussions here regarding the dog will get the thread closed, and that's not what I want

Cheers

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Love that pub some great bits and pieces in there, always get a chill when i drive by and try to imagine those Lancs .