Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

RAF Silk Scarf With a Map

Article about: Hello, First post on here. Could do with a bit of help please. I collect all sorts of bits a and pieces and am learning about values etc as I go along. On Friday I was offered a WW2 RAF silk

Default RAF Silk Scarf With a Map

Hello,

First post on here. Could do with a bit of help please. I collect all sorts of bits a
    and pieces and am learning about values etc as I go along. On Friday I was offered
    a WW2 RAF silk scarf with a map printed both sides,Germany on side in 1:1000000 scale.

The scarf looked to be in top condition, neatly folded and very clean. I was offered
    it for £60 but have no idea of its worth. I dont normally collect RAF items.

Sorry no pictures as I didnt have my phone with me. Hope someone can help

Default Re: RAF Silk Scarf With a Map

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I think £60 would be about the maximum of it's worth. It does not strike me as a bargain?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade,

Thanks for the information, am taken with object so will have to haggle.
    Haven't seen one of these up close before and was quite impressed. Went into the shop
    for a Bundeswehr gas mask cannister and he pulled it out from under the counter.

These were £4.50 back in the day when I started collecting...

We have a good thread about these maps on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The price of the map will depend on condition, what is on it and whether it is coloured. Going by the scale I would suggest that it is the 43 series and if it shows Germany it is probably the C/D map, in which case £60 is around the right price, but I would certainly haggle. If it is black, red and green then it will probably be a Batholomew map and these normally go for £30 - £40.
    If you check out my thread you might find the one you have been offered and I might be able to give you a better idea on price.
    SOE pencil dagger, silk escape maps and escape compasses