Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Remember this!.....

Article about: For all the idiots in the UK who moan about all the Poles living here, they were a big help in the battle of Britain!.......

Default Remember this!.....

Remember this!.....
    For all the idiots in the UK who moan about all the Poles living here, they were a big help in the battle of Britain!.......

They were indeed a great help Gunny as were the other foreign pilots, I like the Polish and the females even more so ! haha

Please remember however that they were fighting for themselves and Poland and not necessarily only for UK. They were only too aware that if we were defeated in the BoB, then there would be no hope for Poland at all

?

Not quite on subject.

There were British Pilot training schools all over the US.

There was one in Miami , Oklahoma in Ottawa County in far north east Oklahoma.
    Those British boys were welcomed in Miami and surrounding towns and held in high regard. Invited to home cooked meals and local dances where romances budded occasionally.
    Out of the first 6 graduating classes, approximately 350 men, only 9 or 10 survived the Battle of Briton. Many local folks grieved for the ones killed.

There are 15 British boys that were killed while training in Miami up to 1945. Their graves are in the Grand Army of the Republic cemetery in Miami plus one lady buried next to them that tended their graves till her death in the late 90s.

Every Year on Veterans Day there is a separate Remembrance Ceremony for the lads buried in Miami. Scottish bag pipes play Amazing Grace and usually, weather permitting, a fly over.

They are not forgotten on the edge of the Great Plains in Ottawa County, Oklahoma.

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    They were indeed a great help Gunny as were the other foreign pilots, I like the Polish and the females even more so ! haha

Please remember however that they were fighting for themselves and Poland and not necessarily only for UK. They were only too aware that if we were defeated in the BoB, then there would be no hope for Poland at all
    They were allied to us that's good enough for me!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    They were allied to us that's good enough for me!...
    I agree Gunny, my point was though however,

Hypothetically speaking of course, say the situation had been reversed and the UK had capitulated and France had carried on fighting, the Poles would have fought just as hard alongside France as they did with us, otherwise Poland would never gain its freedom back, or relative freedom back as we are all aware of Poland’s ultimate fate