Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Samuel Rich, 1st. Army, 11th. Aero Sqdn. AEF, WWI

Article about: Steve, Very nice, Your WW1 Air Service collection is rounding out very well. You have a pilot that flew with the French and another that flew with the Brits, all you need now is a pilot that

Arrow Samuel Rich, 1st. Army, 11th. Aero Sqdn. AEF, WWI

I have been wanting to add an enlisted guy to the collection for a while now. Thanks to a dear friend and mentor on the East Coast, this is on the way to live with me. I have been in need of a "fix" for some time, and I am sure this will satisfy me for a while... Here is a preview of the item as it appears in the below publication. More photos to follow upon arrival. I think it is kind of neat added bonus to have an item that is featured in a publication.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Samuel Rich, 1st. Army, 11th. Aero Sqdn. AEF, WWI   Samuel Rich, 1st. Army, 11th. Aero Sqdn. AEF, WWI  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Samuel Rich, 1st. Army, 11th. Aero Sqdn. AEF, WWI

Very nice! Always worth more if published

I look forwards to seeing more.

Cheers, Ade.

Here she is. I am not sure if I am going to leave the tunic on the valet or place it on a mannequin. I kind of like this look as it lends itself to easily display the book in which it is featured...we'll see.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Samuel Rich, 1st. Army, 11th. Aero Sqdn. AEF, WWI  
    Last edited by Steven M; 03-16-2010 at 05:58 PM.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Identity discs also featured in the same publication on a separate page. Note the 11th. Aero attribution.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Samuel Rich, 1st. Army, 11th. Aero Sqdn. AEF, WWI  
    Last edited by Steven M; 03-16-2010 at 03:42 AM.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I really like the cross-stitching on this.
    Last edited by Steven M; 03-16-2010 at 05:59 PM.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Last one. First Army patch. As my friend on the East Coast always says - "Ain't this stuff fun?" Thanks DJ.
    Attached Images Attached Images Samuel Rich, 1st. Army, 11th. Aero Sqdn. AEF, WWI 
    Last edited by Steven M; 03-16-2010 at 06:00 PM.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

...maybe not as fun for you all as it is for me I guess.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I am sure that some of you will recognize "Mr. Jiggs", the insignia of the 11th Air Service Squadron. It was engaged at St. Mihiel, and in the Meuse-Argonne 1st and 2nd offensives.

The 11th made 32 bombing raids, engaged in 17 combats, and credited with 13 victories. The squadron suffered 20 casualties:

10 killed
    1 wounded
    8 prisoners
    1 missing
    Attached Images Attached Images Samuel Rich, 1st. Army, 11th. Aero Sqdn. AEF, WWI 

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    I am sure that some of you will recognize "Mr. Jiggs", the insignia of the 11th Air Service Squadron. It was engaged at St. Mihiel, and in the Meuse-Argonne 1st and 2nd offensives.

The 11th made 32 bombing raids, engaged in 17 combats, and credited with 13 victories. The squadron suffered 20 casualties:

10 killed
    1 wounded
    8 prisoners
    1 missing
    11th Aero Squadron Day Bombardment Group 1918

?

Nice! I just saw something on the tube about the AEF in siberia fighting the bolshevics...interesting stuff.Thanks for sharing.
    ~Dean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast