Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sea recovered propeller Guernsey channel islands.

Article about: Hi folks,The wife & I Popped over to Guernsey the other day on the Trimaran (Vomit comet haha) as we took a stroll around the sea wall toward Castle Cornet we spyed this three bladed pro

Default Sea recovered propeller Guernsey channel islands.

Hi folks,The wife & I Popped over to Guernsey the other day on the Trimaran (Vomit comet haha) as we took a stroll around the sea wall toward Castle Cornet we spyed this three bladed prop next to the yacht club, The people in the area we asked couldn't give us any details as to where or what it was from . Incidently on the sea wall near by was a memorial to a Canadian pilot , Flight Lieutenant John Walton Saville who's aircraft was shot down & crashed in to the bay opposite. The memorial states that his aircraft (now found) has been deemed a war grave so i wouldn't have thought the prop was from this.have a look at the pics & see what you think ? (i should have asked at tourist info but ran out of time) Cheers Paul

Sea recovered propeller Guernsey channel islands.Sea recovered propeller Guernsey channel islands.Sea recovered propeller Guernsey channel islands.Sea recovered propeller Guernsey channel islands.

Hi

I think it could be from a C-47 Skytrain or Dakota as we know them

Possibly shot down during the D-Day campaign, the US Airborne came in over the Channel Islands heading for the Contentin Peninsular and the DZs

I am sure there are a couple of these in the Underground Hospital in Jersey from similar crashed planes

Interesting and touching story with the Typhoon
    Thanks for posting

Cheers

After looking around on google i see that local fishermen have been snagged up on what turned out to be a B17 prop ! cheers Paul

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    After looking around on google i see that local fishermen have been snagged up on what turned out to be a B17 prop ! cheers Paul
    Hi Paul, I think that's a different one

This looks like a C-47 prop to me

Cheers