Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sgt. Clark, USAAF: KIA

Article about: I bought this little lot this weakend. So I went on line to see if I could find any info on Sgt. Clark. After a short search I did find Sgt. Clark. He was in the 452nd BG 728th BS 8th AF. Hi

?

Default Sgt. Clark, USAAF: KIA

I bought this little lot this weakend. So I went on line to see if I could find any info on Sgt. Clark. After a short search I did find Sgt. Clark. He was in the 452nd BG 728th BS 8th AF. His plane was #42-102662 MACR 6239 MIA on 06-21-44.
    From J.A. Hey( Twelve min. after bombing,when making a right turn, This B17 was caught in a prop wash and B17G 42-31359 (piloted by 2nd LT. Lerum) tail of which already was damaged by flake ran into the #662 and chewed up the tail. The aircraft #359 blewup, the aircraft #662 went down in a tight spiral.Apparently the tail assembly seperated during descent. It was found 9 km south of Zechliner Hutte (cabin) in the Rheinsberger Heath. The fuselage crashed near Zechliner Hutte, forest area 4B, District Ostpringnitz,27 km E of Wittstock, Germany. The Germans reported 5 burned bodies found in the wreckage. Buried in 1 large single case. Buried in the Communal Cemetery of Beerenbusch.
    1 report stated all KIA another report stated that the tail gunner S/Sgt Edward Koster was a POW. T/Sgt John J. Clark was the Radioman . The lot will now stay together with his history. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sgt. Clark, USAAF: KIA   Sgt. Clark, USAAF: KIA  

Sgt. Clark, USAAF: KIA   Sgt. Clark, USAAF: KIA  

Default re: Sgt. Clark, USAAF: KIA

Fascinating story and collection,thanks for
    sharing with us.
    Regards Mike

?

Thanks Mike . Little lot big history. Does anybody know what the blue, white ,red, yellow ,red,white, and blue ribbon is for can't find it in my ref. books. Gary

Zable
    ?

Looks like a 'campaign ribbon' of some sort. Probably relating to a specific theatre of the war the bomb group took part in as a whole.

z

?

Zable could be.He does have a Europen,African,Middle eastern Theater ribbon on his ribbon bar ( Its the one with the big star on it) I dont know ???

Gary