Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Squadron Insignia

Article about: Here are a couple of odd ball pieces, the 1st is a 163rd Aero, direct embroidered on the sleeve of a summer weight enlisted tunic. the second is a 12th photo section insignia, the 12th P.S s

Skyspy12thaero
    ?

Default Squadron Insignia

Here are a couple of odd ball pieces, the 1st is a 163rd Aero, direct embroidered on the sleeve of a summer weight enlisted tunic.
    the second is a 12th photo section insignia, the 12th P.S served the 1st Day Bomb Group. It is large patch most likely from a pillow cover or pennant..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Squadron Insignia   Squadron Insignia  

Default Re: Squadron Insignia

This is probably the first direct embroidered insignia I have seen on a WW I uniform, very nice.

Chuck will love to see this as he has a weakness for Photo Sections...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Skyspy12thaero
    ?

Thanks Steve,
    The 163rd is wild, the insignia has a ton of wear and age to it. On the inside the yellow is almost a lemon color. The 12th photo section is another one of my favs. I too have a weakness for PS stuff.. Paul

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Chuck will love to see this as he has a weakness for Photo Sections...

I thought I heard someone call my name...

Geeze, Steve. You know me too well. To say I love this photo section piece, is an understatement. Paul & I had talked about it but I tried to convince him he was describing a 354th AS insignia. I couldn't get it through my thick skull that the 12th PS had their own insignia.

Paul-
    Some more outstanding Air Service history here. Thank you! for making the effort to share it with us all. I'm really appreciating your collection of fine aviation artifacts.
    I now know who my competition is

-Chuck

Skyspy12thaero
    ?

Thanks Chuck, thought you'd like them.. paul

Hello,

I've been following this forum for a while now, but this is my first post. I have a 25th Aero squadron patch I thought I'd share and see what everyone thinks.

Thanks,
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Squadron Insignia  

John-
    Let me be one of the first to welcome you to the Warrelics forum.

This 25th AS patch is very interesting. I've never seen one on a uniform before! Why don't you start a separate thread about this intriguing piece of aviation history? I definitely want to see the rest of the uniform or as Paul Lee Harvey would say "Now for the rest of the story...".

Please consider starting that thread & post some good pictures of the uniform this patch is attached to. I know others will love to see it too.

-Chuck

Chuck,

Will do, I'll have it up this week.

John

If you ever want to part with that 163rd Aero Squadron uni, I'd be very interested!

Whoops, just noticed I was horrendously necro-posting, sorry bout that!