Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

The Tirpitz raids

Article about: Heads up guys , tomorrow C4 8.00pm Looks like there is a good documentary about 617 and 9 Squadrons attack on the Tirpitz Its under the silly title of 'Dambusters Great Escape: Secret Histor

Default The Tirpitz raids

Heads up guys , tomorrow C4 8.00pm

Looks like there is a good documentary about 617 and 9 Squadrons attack on the Tirpitz

Its under the silly title of 'Dambusters Great Escape: Secret History' but don't let that put you off !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I have a feeling it isn't going to end well for the members of the Tromso Yacht Club.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

thanks Nick.

Well that was an excellent documentary!

Veterans of Bomber Command and the Luftwaffe telling the story, amazing footage of the first Tallboy bomb hitting home and more!

Also I didn't realise that a possible reason for the LW fighters not reaching the Lancasters in time was there was an anti-Nazi LW member delaying signals of the approaching attack force.

Very sad images and stories from survivors of the Tirpitz where over 900 KM seamen perished

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

A very enjoyable documentary, very interesting to hear about the anti-nazi Luftwaffe radar operator!...