Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

U.S. 15th Air Force Research & New WWII book

Article about: I wanted to let everyone on the forum know that I just finished writing my book on the 15th Air Force and their operations from Foggia, Italy during WWII. If anyone is researching the 15th A

Default U.S. 15th Air Force Research & New WWII book

I wanted to let everyone on the forum know that I just finished writing my book on the 15th Air Force and their operations from Foggia, Italy during WWII. If anyone is researching the 15th Air Force or any of the units that flew from Foggia I will be glad to share all of my resources and information with you. I spent 4 years researching the 15th and collecting veteran interviews. If you need any MACRs, mission lists, etc. I might be able to help you. I focused on the six B-17 groups but I do have some B-24 information for select missions. I can also get access to the Stalag Luft III archives if you want to look up a name. People all over the world gave me access to their records for free so I now would like to offer my assistance to anyone researching the Army Air Corps.

If you are interested in my book I interviewed over 50 veterans and included first-hand accounts of training, combat, the airbases, Foggia, POW camps Stalag Luft III and IV, and the "Black March." It is 300 pages and includes over 70 photos. I'm selling it for $12. I listed some on ebay and if you want I will sign it.
    Thanks,
    Brandon
    U.S. 15th Air Force Research & New WWII book
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S. 15th Air Force Research & New WWII book  

Default Re: U.S. 15th Air Force Research & New WWII book

I also wanted to say that I am still researching the airfields around Foggia. If anyone has any South African Air Force information about the squadrons that flew from Celone airfield or Foggia Main please let me know. If anyone has any information on the Royal Engineer units that cleared the airfields after operation Baytown or Slapstick I would like to know about that as well. I had a horrible time finding any information about the engineers that worked to prep the airfields for flight.

drewwerd
    ?

I am trying to get information for my friend regarding his father in the 463rd 775th and the 15th Air Force. 5th wing I believe. He was a SSgt and his name is Glen Teague. I have spent some time looking around for info for my buddy. What I have come up with is that we believe he was turret gunner for pilot William Hill or Bill Hill. There was a book written Hero's Next Door and he was mentioned under a write up regarding George Durnford. Teague was mentioned a few times in that write up and that's the only was I found to place him on that crew. I went to 463rd website and looked at the scrapbook photos of Hills crew and everything matches but no picture or mention of Teague or a ball turret gunner. Any help would be appreciated and I will be looking for the book.