Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

U.S. WW1 LeBreve, Paris Pilot Wings and WW1 Bomber Wings

Article about: Hello All, I've noticed the WW1 LeBreve, Paris Pilot Wings all over the internet. Is LeBreve's quality of fit and finish so crude?? Attached photos of two sets of wings on a "high-end&q

Luther
    ?

Default U.S. WW1 LeBreve, Paris Pilot Wings and WW1 Bomber Wings

Hello All,

I've noticed the WW1 LeBreve, Paris Pilot Wings all over the internet.

Is LeBreve's quality of fit and finish so crude??

Attached photos of two sets of wings on a "high-end" dealer's site. I know absolutely nothing about these wings. So I'm here to to learn.

The LeBreve wings don't appear anything like the ones I've seen elsewhere - which are readily recognizable as fakes.

The Bomber wings are less clear-cut. I've searched high and low, and some seem better finished while others appear about the same. There is a brass plate beneath the cloth covering.

Best Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S. WW1 LeBreve, Paris Pilot Wings and WW1 Bomber Wings   U.S. WW1 LeBreve, Paris Pilot Wings and WW1 Bomber Wings  

U.S. WW1 LeBreve, Paris Pilot Wings and WW1 Bomber Wings   U.S. WW1 LeBreve, Paris Pilot Wings and WW1 Bomber Wings  

Default Re: U.S. WW1 LeBreve, Paris Pilot Wings and WW1 Bomber Wings

Hi Luther,

The fact that you notice these a lot is the first indication that something stinks. WWI wings are rare, but is seems that nearly 100 years later, there are enough floating around for every aviator to have 20 or 30 each at the time. The Lebreve wings are fantasy, and is loosly based on a WWI wing that was made by Humrichous in Memphis Tennessee. I am not even sure if Lebreve ever existed as a company. This example sports British style hardware on a supposed French made wing. It can also be found in many other hardware setups, as I guess the faker uses whatever he has on hand at the time. There is also a fake balloon (Aeronaut) wing by this faker/fantasy forger...RUN.

The bomber wing is one of the absolute rarest pieces of Aviation history in existence, this one is pretending to be an original. The originals were hand made by a jeweler, and no pilot at the time would accept crap to place on their tunic. These guys had huge egos, and rightly so. Their wings were the most important source of pride on their uniform. Just for starters, the "US" is not gold as it should be, the letters should not be stacked and there is evidence of casting visible.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

If you don't object, I would like to post these examples in my thread about fake WWI wings...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Luther View Post
    Hello All,

I've noticed the WW1 LeBreve, Paris Pilot Wings all over the internet.

Is LeBreve's quality of fit and finish so crude??

Attached photos of two sets of wings on a "high-end" dealer's site. I know absolutely nothing about these wings. So I'm here to to learn.

The LeBreve wings don't appear anything like the ones I've seen elsewhere - which are readily recognizable as fakes.

The Bomber wings are less clear-cut. I've searched high and low, and some seem better finished while others appear about the same. There is a brass plate beneath the cloth covering.

Best Regards
    Luther,
    I concur with Steve's comments, he is dead on. Both of these wings are boggus. Could you tell what they are asking for them?
    Terry

Luther
    ?

Hello Hawk3370,

Both are in the mid-$200 range, which was a "tip-off" that something wasn't right. When I come across these kinds of things I post them here.

No dealer is going to sell an authentic WW1 US Bomber badge for $200...right?!

Quote by Luther View Post
    Hello Hawk3370,

Both are in the mid-$200 range, which was a "tip-off" that something wasn't right. When I come across these kinds of things I post them here.

No dealer is going to sell an authentic WW1 US Bomber badge for $200...right?!
    Luther,
    Always a good indicater. When one sees a piece that should be worth $1500 to $2500 and selling for $200, time to look somewhere else.
    Terry

Ron Smith
    ?

Angry Re: U.S. WW1 LeBreve, Paris Pilot Wings and WW1 Bomber Wings

Hello all, I'm a FNG and I have to comment on the "Labreve Paris" wings. I have just rec'd. a set from an auction house that I bid with and one of the lots came through with this wing in it (a lot of three). They, the auction house, claims no resposibility, of course.

Wish Id've joined your group before the bidding began!

Quote by Ron Smith View Post
    Hello all, I'm a FNG and I have to comment on the "Labreve Paris" wings. I have just rec'd. a set from an auction house that I bid with and one of the lots came through with this wing in it (a lot of three). They, the auction house, claims no resposibility, of course.

Ron,

What a shame. I won't ask what you paid but hopefully it wasn't an amount that will hurt for a long time...btw, are you comfortable with the other two wings in the lot? Hopefully the others are good and offset the cost of the fake.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Ron Smith View Post

Ouch,,

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.